Lower Cape May Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Cape May, NJ. It has 871 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Lower Cape May Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B97 Students
- A76 Students
- B76 Students
- B56 Students
- A-55 Students
- C51 Students
- A-44 Students
- A-41 Students
- A40 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Lower Cape May Regional High School Reviews
LCMR changed my life for the better! They have so many diverse activities, clubs, sports and classes. The faculty truly cares about the students, which is the most important factor in a school to me.
Lower has a great academic program and the administration is very dedicated to ensuring their students are receiving the best education they can get. The school itself is very inclusive of every race, gender, and ability in all aspects. This includes sports, clubs, and academic classes of all kinds. Although, like any high school, students and staff may disagree on some levels but, for the most part, LCMRHS is a great place for students to keep included in their environment and well educated as students.
As a senior at Lower Cape May Regional I can say that overall my high school experience was pleasant and beneficial. The sport programs and AP academic courses gave me experience that will be very useful in my upcoming collegiate career. Along with this some of the staff members including teachers and coaches served as mentors and motivators to me. However, I know some of my classmates would not describe our school like this because they didn't receive the experience that I did. Continuing on this premise, I believe that Lower Cape May Regional is home to opportunity but it falls on the individual student in order to chose whether they want to be on the track to succeed.