Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Lowell Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lowell, MI. It has 1,179 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Lowell Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+224 Students
- A198 Students
- C+162 Students
- B-125 Students
- A+119 Students
- B112 Students
- B+94 Students
- C+51 Students
- B47 Students
- B-42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Lowell Senior High School
- A-Rockford High School
- Rockford Public Schools, MI
- 673 reviews
- AEastern High School
- Forest Hills Public Schools, MI
- 164 reviews
- A-Northview High School
- Northview Public Schools, MI
- 193 reviews
- BGreenville Senior High School
- Greenville Public Schools, MI
- 132 reviews
Lowell Senior High School Reviews
Lowell High School is a good school and compares well with other schools in the area. They try very had in all aspects of education to provide a quality experience. The principal, Mr. Gough, does a great job and communicates well with the parents. One thing that I do not like about Lowell High School is they are on a trimester schedule when all the other schools in the area are on semesters. This makes it more difficult for the students having to change classes so soon. They also end up taking more elective classes because of this. Also, the grading for math classes is very tough.
Throughout my years at Lowell Senior High School have been a fulfilled experience. From the start of my freshman year where there is a separate freshman area just to have the freshman class adjust to the new schedule and new environment. The staff at Lowell Senior High School will go above and beyond just to see a child succeed throughout their time at the school, if they are willing to put forth the effort. There have been changes while I have been attending such as our dress code, academics, and how we treat everyone at the high school. I do wish that the school would put more attention and time towards the art and music department. The marching band uniforms are falling apart year after year. Those uniforms were brand new in 1990 when my dad was a freshman there at Lowell. Three generations of my family members before me have worn these uniforms, now myself and my two brothers have worn them. Our music that we play is old. Everything comes out of the teachers pocket.
Cross country team was amazing! Was able to get involved in multiple organizations like the WRWW and student council. Teachers were funny and helpful!