Lowell Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lowell, MI. It has 1,215 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Lowell Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+193 Students
- A170 Students
- C+148 Students
- B108 Students
- A+104 Students
- B100 Students
- B+81 Students
- C+47 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Lowell Senior High School
- A-Rockford High School
- Rockford Public Schools, MI
- 635 reviews
- AEastern High School
- Forest Hills Public Schools, MI
- 164 reviews
- A-Northview High School
- Northview Public Schools, MI
- 182 reviews
- B-Greenville Senior High School
- Greenville Public Schools, MI
- 124 reviews
Lowell Senior High School Reviews
Throughout my years at Lowell Senior High School have been a fulfilled experience. From the start of my freshman year where there is a separate freshman area just to have the freshman class adjust to the new schedule and new environment. The staff at Lowell Senior High School will go above and beyond just to see a child succeed throughout their time at the school, if they are willing to put forth the effort. There have been changes while I have been attending such as our dress code, academics, and how we treat everyone at the high school. I do wish that the school would put more attention and time towards the art and music department. The marching band uniforms are falling apart year after year. Those uniforms were brand new in 1990 when my dad was a freshman there at Lowell. Three generations of my family members before me have worn these uniforms, now myself and my two brothers have worn them. Our music that we play is old. Everything comes out of the teachers pocket.
I would have to say the teachers in highschool were amazing. Most of them cared for their students and did what they could for them to pass. The school has many pep rallies or events for the first tri, but the second and third tri are lacking any activities. I think it should be balanced out throughout the year to avoid students becoming very disinterested. The thing that could use more work is the special ed teaching. Lately the school has been cutting out awards for honors students like the yearly icecream and announcing the students during graduations which is kind of disappointing. Overall though it is a good school. I’ve meet amazing people I hope to hang out with after highschool. The school encourages people to try their hardest and inspires them to dream big.
I loved everything about being in Lowell my whole grade school career. I believe that with the way society works now a days there are always going to be some aspects of high school or the faculty of highs schools, will always have the chance and drive to improve on. I have noticed that the pay for teachers in high school is a joke to them. I have constantly heard a select few teachers go on and on about how they do not ever actually get paid enough, so why would they care if our academic career suffers a bit. Therefore, this all creates an ongoing chain effect that in turn places us adolescents under extreme pressure, and we are held accountable for things deemed by teachers that are completely and utterly out of our control. To me this is childish and completely unfair. Teachers should find a different job that truly makes them happy to leave for work in the morning and where they do not feel the incessant desire to drag us down with them into a state of unsatisfaction and sorrow.