Lowell Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Lowell, OR. It has 169 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Lowell Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-21 Students
- C16 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-11 Students
- B7 Students
- NG7 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-5 Students
- B5 Students
- B+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Lowell Junior/Senior High School
- B+Cottage Grove High School
- South Lane School District, OR
- 160 reviews
- C+Creswell High School
- Creswell School District, OR
- 44 reviews
- B-Pleasant Hill High School
- Pleasant Hill School District, OR
- 26 reviews
- B-Thurston High School
- Springfield School District, OR
- 224 reviews
Lowell Junior/Senior High School Reviews
My teachers have been helpful and my friends are amazing. I have kept a strong academic reputation here. I have grown to feel welcomed and find it easy to ask for help. Lowell staff have assisted me greatly in applying to college and scholarships. They are in top of students about anything future career related.
I enjoys some aspects of High school. I wish that we had more electives that were offered. I also wish that we had options to take classes that we wanted to take and not forced to take classes that the staff knew certain students wouldn't do well in. Leadership and Link crew were amazing but we should have been able to do more and we were never allowed to do.
At Lowell High School, I have some really great friends, found the love of my life, and have been exposed to some really great memories. Our school is known state wide for our wrestling and we made it to second place in state for football. We're just a 1A state school (with only 290 students K-12) but our athletics shine! We have new administration this year, which will hopefully turn our academic program around. Despite the lack of enthusiastic teachers, I have managed to get my GPA up to a solid 3.5. I am one of only a couple of students who plan on going right into a university and I would be forever humbled if I were to be awarded this scholarship. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Thank you.