Lowell High School is an above average, public school located in Lowell, MA. It has 3,154 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Lowell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+546 Students
- A350 Students
- A+255 Students
- B236 Students
- A+163 Students
- C+152 Students
- A+126 Students
- C+123 Students
- B123 Students
- A+120 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 116 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Lowell High School
- BHaverhill High School
- Haverhill Public Schools, MA
- 216 reviews
- BMethuen High School
- Methuen Public Schools, MA
- 196 reviews
- BGreater Lowell Technical High School
- Public School
- Tyngsborough, MA
- 178 reviews
- A-Nashua High School South
- Nashua School District, NH
- 412 reviews
Lowell High School Reviews
I love Lowell High School! It's very diverse and has a large selection of courses, clubs, sports and activities. Sometimes the student population is overwhelming, and there are many fights in the hallways. There have been instances where there has been police involvement and arrests. The facilities can range from average to highly concerning. The elevator is often very 50/50 and may not work on certain occasions. Otherwise, the student body is very welcoming for the most part, and everyone can find something they love!
Lowell High School is definitely unique. With it being the third most diverse school in Massachusetts, students are able to meet others from far and wide. The excitement we put into sports and events makes our high school experience a little less stressful. The large campus is surrounded by many cafes and shops, which is very convenient. There are endless resources at Lowell High, such as our College and Careers Center, Gear Up Program, and many others. Officials are extremely helpful with any struggles that students are experiencing, and always make it known that they are there if we need anything.
This school is not as bad as everybody says it is, I feel like this is a good school because we all have that one teacher we can always come to, about anything. I've had my share in getting into some trouble at school but I over the years I've met teachers and facilities who helped me realize how important it is to be about myself, and I had one's who were the worst people you could meet. We also didn't have some of the best teachers there because some of them do not care enough or they do not know how to teach well. But overall this is a good school we have very different cultures in the students, but we do not really see that in the facilities. We have an amazing athletic and over a hundred clubs and we have a Trio programs and college and careers center that help us prepare for out future.