Lovington High School is a public school located in Lovington, NM. It has 619 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 9% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Lovington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-141 Students
- B135 Students
- B127 Students
- A-122 Students
- B-101 Students
- C+45 Students
- A+31 Students
- B-30 Students
- A29 Students
- A-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Lovington High School Reviews
High school here in Lovington is an amazing experience but it does have its fair amount of pros and cons. They have one of the best cheer, track, and cross country teams. I myself am very lucky to be a part of the Cross Country team. The school is close to a junior college so they give the junior and senior students the opportunity to take duel credit courses that will help give them an advantage on their college credits before they even apply for college. The cons about the school is that some of the teachers do not care about the student's education and are only there for their paycheck. The school is also very short on teachers, sometimes even substitutes. On the other hand, they do have some amazing Science and English teachers. Overall, my experience so far has been great. I love all of my teachers and everything that they are currently teaching me. The school has a very strong school spirit and it is just all in all an average school for an average high school student.
During my time at Lovington high school I learned that becoming a leader could lead to an easier life. Sports are a huge thing in the town, but all athletes know education will come first. I learned to always stay updated in everything that is happening. I would like to see the school grow more in the educational process. Many student fail to reach the expectations Lovington provides. As a soon to be alumni I would always love to bring my child back to Lovington.
I liked the way Lovington High had the schedules and administration (principal). I would like to see the push on academics change because it was seated behind football and basketball. The science department have permanent substitutes, so the students in there are not getting very far.