Loveless Academic Magnet Program High School is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Montgomery, AL. It has 497 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Loveless Academic Magnet Program High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A200 Students
- A154 Students
- A153 Students
- A+78 Students
- B74 Students
- B65 Students
- A+51 Students
- A-48 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+40 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Loveless Academic Magnet Program High School
- ABooker T. Washington Magnet High School
- Montgomery County Schools, AL
- 216 reviews
- A-Brewbaker Tech Magnet High School
- Montgomery County Schools, AL
- 284 reviews
- B+Prattville High School
- Autauga County Schools, AL
- 239 reviews
- BWetumpka High School
- Elmore County Schools, AL
- 122 reviews
Loveless Academic Magnet Program High School Reviews
I love my school! All of the teachers here are fantastic. They all work hard to support their students and will go the extra mile if you reach out to them. As a senior, I have fully enjoyed my four years at Loveless Academic Magnet Program, known as LAMP. The faculty, custodians, lunch ladies, and secretaries all make the extra effort to remember your name and your person. In addition, the students are very supportive. They are willing to talk about the trivial to the philosophical. I know that at other schools, it would be difficult to find the same hard-working high-level students. I love LAMP!
Although my time is coming to an end as a senior at LAMP, I've cherished almost every second I've attended. Almost is for the late nights that brought little sleep, the projects and immaculate homework crammed into one week, and the countless times I've cried over work I didn't see the point in finishing. These almost reasons don't even account for the relationships, intellectual experience, and most importantly the memories I have established through this school that has become my home the past 4 years. The individuality in students seen throughout LAMP is unbelievable as I have come to realize. School has taught me to be myself, accept others, and most certainly learn the ideas of every individual are greatly important in expanding my knowledge. My instructors have not only been great teachers, but have become mentors and even friends along my journey. My experience at LAMP has certainly prepared me for college and I have taken away only positive things from my attendance.
LAMP is a rare example of an illustrious institution surrounded by doubters and ill-wishers. It is because of the subpar conditions through which true school has risen, that gives it, it’s distinct character and attitude. A LAMPer is well prepared for adversity through all walks of life, all while maintaining academic excellence. The diversity of the school only furthers the character of the school in that it is exceptionally welcoming and tolerant. Students from all walks of life can be found within its walls. All students are held to the same standards as are administrators by their students. Essentially, LAMP is a pearl of excellence, that has formed in spite of its circumstances to become the pinnacle of education in Alabama.