Loveland Classical School is a public, charter school located in Loveland, CO. It has 863 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Loveland Classical School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-10 Students
- B-6 Students
- A+3 Students
- A-3 Students
- B-2 Students
- A+2 Students
- A-2 Students
- B+1 Student
- C+1 Student
- A1 Student
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Loveland Classical School
- B+Colorado Early College Fort Collins
- State Charter School Institute, CO
- 88 reviews
- A-Twin Peaks Charter Academy
- St Vrain Valley School District, CO
- 27 reviews
- ARidgeview Classical Charter Schools
- Poudre School District, CO
- 69 reviews
- NGHarold Ferguson High School
- Thompson School District, CO
- 1 review
Loveland Classical School Reviews
Loveland Classical Schools assists parents in developing young minds with virtuous character, critical thinking skills, and a passion for learning to become exceptional community stewards. I have learned an exceptional amount about how to be a good person and how to live the good life. In school we study classic literature, thinkers, and philosophies and what they have to say about subjects such as, human nature, government, Goodness, Beauty, and Truth. Not only do we learn history, we learn why things happened based on the nature of humanity, or the logistics of different governments and the decisions made by them, or what role morality plays in it. Loveland Classical creates an environment where students are shown the moral path and are taught by virtuous people intent on guiding them down said path. I am grateful to my school for making me into the man I am today. Loveland Classical Schools is truly a wonderful community and a colossus of education.
We have had a wonderful experience at Loveland Classical's high school. Classroom sizes are smaller and the students really benefit from the individualized attention they receive because of this. The administration of the school is supportive to family, students, and teachers alike, a near impossible balance to maintain, yet somehow Ian Stout manages this with graciousness and respect. LCS is also accommodating to students with 504s and IEPs--this is why their test scores are lower than other charter schools; they actually work with kids that need student services instead of trying to phase them out. The teachers are one of the greatest gifts of this school. You can tell this isn't "just a job" for them; it's a calling. They treat the high school kids as adults and have a great mentoring relationship with most of them. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone looking for a enriching, supportive, and challenging high school experience for their children.
I love the push for a higher and more fulfilling education, and most importantly the want to find how to obtain the 'good life'. Loveland Classical wants students to not only learn but get a good life through character, hard work, and virtue. The school however needs to grow closer to those ideals that started the school out though. It has lost some of the roots and the core values that made the school so wonderful. With enough time and growth and a reevaluation of what its core values are Loveland Classical Schools will grow to be an astounding school, more so than it already is.