Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Louisville High School is an above average, public school located in Louisville, OH. It has 825 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Louisville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B180 Students
- grade A+144 Students
- grade B minus129 Students
- grade A minus117 Students
- grade B93 Students
- grade C+91 Students
- grade B76 Students
- grade C+60 Students
- grade B minus49 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responses
- Football games30%
- Choir concerts11%
- Band competitions9%
- Basketball games9%
- Grade competitions5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,658 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 30 responses
Schools like Louisville High School
- grade BManchester High School
- Manchester Local School District (Akron), OH
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 73 reviews
- grade A minusGreen High School
- Green Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 367 reviews
- grade B minusWest Branch High School
- West Branch Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 85 reviews
- grade BMarlington High School
- Marlington Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 79 reviews
Louisville High School Reviews
Rating 3.73 out of 5 182 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Being a student at the high school for the past four years has really taught me a lot about not only my future, but myself as a person. I have learned many skills in high school that will benefit me in my everyday life once I graduate. It is very important for me to be involved in the many school events we have. I enjoy meeting new people and Louisville High School has many opportunities to allow students to do just that and truly bond with one another. Throughout my high school experience, the overall most useful topic I have been introduced to is to truly be yourself and not to care what others think about you. Being a leader at this school has really allowed me to open up to younger students who may be struggling to find themselves and who they are as a person. I once struggled with this and I know how to overcome the issue and become a confident high school student who enjoys their life as they conquer the high school hall ways.
I love my experience at Louisville! We have great teachers and amazing school staff including the lunch ladies, janitors, and bus drivers! We have great resources available to us! The kids at the school are all nice and inclusive! I wouldn’t want to go to any other high school!
I'm not quite sure this applies to just Louisville High School, or maybe other high schools too, but a lot of my experience there way busy work. Many of my teachers, except for a select few, never took it upon themselves to go above and beyond just what was required of them for their students, so the thing I would like most to change would be what individuals are hired and even to see some of the not so great teachers to be fired. On the other hand, the one thing I did enjoy out of my experience was that we were each fortunate enough to get our own Chromebooks to keep the entire year. This made it so much easier to get essays and other online projects done at home. Group projects could be done through a Google Doc together at the same time and without any confusion. Another positive is the custodial staff who worked hard to keep the building clean for us. Going through the school system, I have always admired how clean our schools were compared to others.