Louis E. Dieruff High School is a public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 1,764 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Louis E. Dieruff High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+68 Students
- B66 Students
- A+64 Students
- A61 Students
- B57 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-43 Students
- B-41 Students
- B-37 Students
- A33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Louis E. Dieruff High School
- CWilliam Allen High School
- Allentown City School District, PA
- 187 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- BPhillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- 203 reviews
- B-Northern Lehigh Senior High School
- Northern Lehigh School District, PA
- 71 reviews
Louis E. Dieruff High School Reviews
Louis E. Dieruff High was a very diverse school with amazing teachers who priorities where to give their students the education they needed so they can see them grow as an individual. Dieruff High was and still is a growing school making sure they have the necessities and funds for the faculty and students to achieve the overall best education experience whether that is in class or after school activities. My mother is proud with her decision to enrolling me in Dieruff a high school that prepares us for adult hood with critical thinking and problem solving, a school that cares about the students safety, education experience and their future
Louis E. Dieruff High School is not all sunshine and rainbows. The kids are sometimes rowdy and you have other kids that just want to start trouble. I attended Dieruff for four years and it was difficult to always find the light from it. Although it was difficult I learned the ultimate secret goal from this high school and it's "your education is how you make it." I knew a lot of kids that did not attend college from here or they went down the wrong path. But I also met a lot of people who did it right they got a trade job or went off to college. Me? I ended up staying with my dual enrollment classes, stayed positive tried to give off positivity and moved forward. I gained an education, lifetime friends and lifetime teacher and counselor friends that I follow on facebook. The high school is how you make it. Do your job and go home that's it.
Louis E. Dieruff High School is a good school to go to. We are known to be academically stronger than our rival school William Allen High School. They have the resources to aid a student who is struggling financially make their way to college. They offer Dual Enrollment, fee waivers for the SAT, ACT, and a decent selection of AP classes. Your chances of being injured in this school are slim to non as long as you are somewhat behaved and don't start any fights. College preparedness is somewhat decent, but real life preparedness needs work. It is mainly up to your family to prepare you for real life, which is not a resource everyone in the school has.