Lotus School for Excellence is an above average, public, charter school located in Aurora, CO. It has 839 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Lotus School for Excellence Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-84 Students
- A68 Students
- A55 Students
- A-41 Students
- B38 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+28 Students
- B+19 Students
- A+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Lotus School for Excellence
- CNew America School
- Aurora Joint School District No. 28, CO
- 1 review
- C+The Pinnacle Charter School High School
- Public School
- Federal Heights, CO
- 211 reviews
- B-Early College of Arvada
- Public School
- Arvada, CO
- 6 reviews
- A-Academy of Charter Schools
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools, CO
- PK, K-12
- 91 reviews
Lotus School for Excellence Reviews
Being a Student at Lotus School for Excellence for nine years, I've seen it all and so much growth. Within my time, I have experienced three principle changes and each came with different ideas and solutions that contributed to the school and the students. It's always growing and it's always finding a chance to be Excellent, just like within the school's name. The one and main factor I tend to favor is the diversity at Lotus. Everyone has adapted to change and different cultures and people because of it and bullying doesn't even exist because of the great diversity. And it's not just within the student body but the staff and teachers as well. Because of the diversity, student's don't tend to lose focus in their studies or their social life. They've found a balance with both just like I have.
Lotus is a very diverse school. There are many students and teachers from many different countries. My favorite part of being in this school is the people. You get to find friends fast and really connect with them. Also with the teachers there. I had many teachers that I really loved. They were like a friend instead of a teacher. I could say that some where had that best friend quality. You can talk to them if he/she were your best friend. They have really good advice. It is a really good school, it’s a college prep school. So when it comes to senior year and getting ready to apply they really help you out with anything. Even other teachers are very willing to help you out. I would recommend this school to everyone. The best part is it’s a school that teaches K-12. You can be there hopefully all your primary and secondary school life.
I felt I had to enter my own review after reading some of the reviews here. I have a son currently at Lotus Elementary. I can tell you for a fact that Lotus is a fantastic experience for my son, and provides a great foundation for his future and provide the good habits and academic background necessary to achieve his greatest potential in school and in life. I have been the part of Lotus community for 9 years and through multiple principals and team changes, and have neither seen any problem, like bullying, discrimination, criminal staff member or any other major problem like nor ever experienced a time when the staff was unresponsive to serious issues. I am amazed over and over at the commitment, enthusiasm, and support the teachers, principals and parents show for the students and school. Everyone works together and is committed to getting every student in a college of their choice.