Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Los Altos High School is a top rated, public school located in Los Altos, CA. It has 2,227 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Los Altos High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+409 Students
- A+369 Students
- A321 Students
- A315 Students
- A+296 Students
- A+275 Students
- B+247 Students
- A211 Students
- A+208 Students
- A+185 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 100 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Los Altos High School
- A+Mountain View High School
- Mountain View-Los Altos Union High School District, CA
- 272 reviews
- A+Henry M. Gunn High School
- Palo Alto Unified School District, CA
- 293 reviews
- A+Saratoga High School
- Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District, CA
- 189 reviews
- A+Aragon High School
- San Mateo Union High School District, CA
- 256 reviews
Los Altos High School Reviews
I've moved to this school very recently, I used to attend Great Oak High school and moved recently. This school by far has been amazing. Everything from the Teachers to the schools facility are great. All of my teachers are amazing and very helpful and very engaged with their students. The students at this school are very kind and were willing to go out of way to help me around and even give me a tour of the school. The school also offers programs like counseling, collage help and free tutoring too. As far as academics and sports the school is very competitive. Facilities here are very well maintained and kept in excellent condition. The student body is also very diverse. Overall I really like my school and I know for a fact that anyone else that might transfer here would too. GO LAHS!
I love the school! With the excellent, knowledgable teachers, as well as the awesome administration. I also love the amount of AP classes. However, the school atmosphere is very (too) competitive.
The teachers at LAHS are great! My main complaint is that there is so much pressure. Academics definitely come first. Also, many of the students are very separated into distinct social groups. Sports teams are a good way to meet people and you go to a lot of competitions but it is not too intense overall. The campus itself is nice and the classroom are good as well. Food in the cafeteria is definitely not great but most students bring their own food or go off campus to eat.