Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Los Alamos High School is a highly rated, public school located in Los Alamos, NM. It has 860 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Los Alamos High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B261 Students
- B+162 Students
- A-113 Students
- A100 Students
- B90 Students
- B-66 Students
- A66 Students
- A65 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Los Alamos High School Reviews
Great high quality high school, and a positive environment and safe, clean, no vandalism. Bullying, fighting, are rare in this high school. Everyone here is eager to learn. Theres many clubs, events, and a large selection of cool and fun and useful elective classes to prepare students for college. This high school has above average level court classes then most regular high schools so being said its harder then most high schools but its worth it. They only hire teachers with docter degrees, which are college level teachers. That explains why it's a hard and prepares students for success. Since students here are good students and behave well the school gives students many freedoms and privileges then regular high schools.
Los Alamos High School is a unique place. Being funded by the Los Alamos National Laboratory, there is always a heavy emphasis on STEM which, though is not exactly my thing, is very appealing to others. STEM, however, is not the school's only strong suit, the resident Speech and Debate club dominates local tournaments and offers a slightly larger selection of classes than a typical high school. Perhaps more than anything, the teachers care. More teachers at this establishment genuinely care about their respective subjects and students than anywhere else I have lived, that being Portland, ME and Oak Ridge, TN where this level of competence seems to be lacking. Perhaps the one downside of the school are those who attend for, while many students here are engaged and eager to learn, an almost equal portion of the student body hold such values in contempt. Overall a great place.
Fantastic school with fantastic teachers! I got a great education here, however, the pressure to succeed in this environment can be extremely intense.