Lorena High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lorena, TX. It has 577 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Lorena High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B128 Students
- A+118 Students
- A107 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-78 Students
- B+71 Students
- B53 Students
- B51 Students
- B-49 Students
- B+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Lorena High School
- A-China Spring High School
- China Spring Independent School District, TX
- 238 reviews
- A-Crawford High School
- Crawford Independent School District, TX
- 31 reviews
- B-Troy High School
- Troy Independent School District, TX
- 70 reviews
- BRobinson High School
- Robinson Independent School District, TX
- 177 reviews
Lorena High School Reviews
I moved to Lorena when I was in fourth grade, and will graduate here as well. Everyone knows that moving to a new school can be rough and difficult for most, but the Staff, Students and community made it feel like home. The school really cares for your education and wants you to push you to do your best to be successful. There are also a lot of clubs/ extracurricular activities to be in as well. There is a place for everyone to fit in at, at Lorena High School!
I love the overall family atmosphere and love for our community that you experience as soon as you walk into the school. The teachers work hard to make sure each student has a good experience in high school and go out of their way to make our day special. I wish our school was a little more diverse and had a few more clubs to be a part of, but overall Lorena is an incredible school district that I am proud to be a part of!
What I like most about Lorena High School is how everyone knows everyone. People in Lorena practically have known each other since kindergarten. For example, my best friend Cade and I have known each other all of our lives and will be going to the same college at Hardin Simmons. He will be going for football and I will be going for Track. The people like Cade and I always look out for one another and will always have everyones back. It may not be perfect all the time, but we do know that we all have big dreams that we pursue together to get there. The teachers that inspire us are like second family, which means we like to aggravate, and even sometimes drive each other crazy. But at the end of the day, we all love one another after we go through the ups and downs together. I wouldn't ever change a thing about Lorena because it would not be the same school that I spent my whole life going to. This school, my home, has brought so many memories to hold onto.