Lopez Middle High School Reviews

My experience has overall been okay. Elementary school was great and there was never any issues going on through then. Middle school, the teachers were good, but kept coming and going. As soon as I got into 9th grade, the teachers weren't great, but as years went on, it got easier and teachers became better. I would like to change the way the school deals with problems and situations because the way they handle them is pretty poor.
Great opportunities for experiential learning - service trips to Nicaragua,French trip to France and Quebec, trip to Japan. Food to garden program is great, honors english teacher is amazing. If you to play a sport you can!
Interesting classes, intensives allow for focused study, senior year requires lots of work including senior project! Weakness is science and math.
Start Your Review of Lopez Middle High School
Teachers love teaching at Lopez School - Take the time to meet individually with students and understand their needs.
Policies are reasonable, community is active and helpful.
We have our own garden which we get food out of to use with and cook with. We have so many options. For example, gluten free, vegetarian and whatever else. They are almost all organic.
We have a lot of help if you go it but it isn't offered.
I had a great time. I loved growing up with my friends and having best friends all the way through my final year of school. The administration and all the staff is so much fun. The sports are so great! Everyone is so welcome and everybody is so friendly, I would relive it.
Don't really have a lot of different ethnicity in our school but we have tons of foreign exchange students.
We have some really amazing teachers but our science and math department slack.
I felt like I wasn't prepared. Our school is really relaxed on deadlines and thats not optional at college. Also we don't really have big homework loads and in college you have to study a lot.
We have an attendance person. He makes sure we are on time and when we are missing classes he wants to know why and tries to help us to make sure we are there. We have a very strict advisor that advises what kids wear and if its not its not appropriate she gives them something else to wear. Also out guidance counselor really try to make our school a bully free school. We do have our issues but she does try hard.
We have a great workout facility that needs to be expanded because some many students want to be working out! We have a great athletic coach. The administration really supports it.
Volleyball, Basketball, 8 Man Football, CO-ED Soccer, Track, Softball, Baseball, Golf, Cheerleading, D.R.E.A.M Team Club (Drug and Alcohol Prevention) , French Club and ASB Club. Tons of administration support and if you don't have something you want to the school will help you get it!