Loogootee Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Loogootee, IN. It has 275 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Loogootee Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-50 Students
- B47 Students
- A44 Students
- B-34 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+30 Students
- B+24 Students
- A-21 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Free or Reduced Lunch
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Loogootee Junior/Senior High School
- B-North Daviess Junior/Senior High School
- North Daviess Community Schools, IN
- 37 reviews
- B+Barr-Reeve Community Middle/High School
- Barr-Reeve Community Schools, IN
- 25 reviews
- B-Shoals Community Junior/Senior High School
- Shoals Community School Corporation, IN
- 1 review
- B-Northeast Dubois High School
- Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, IN
- 43 reviews
Loogootee Junior/Senior High School Reviews
as a student at LHS, I feel extremely prepared for college with the academics provided to be by my teachers. I have seen many improvements over the four years that I have attended Loogootee High School, especially with college level classes and real world teaching programs. Our Science and Math departments have advanced classes for those who want to get college classes out of the way, and non advanced classes for those who need more in depth learning. Our music, theater, art, and sports programs have teachers and coaches who are passionate about helping students achieve their full potentials while benefiting the school's impeccable reputation. My only complaint is that the diversity is terrible - we make no efforts to inform ourselves of other cultures and how to treat others who are different from us with full respect.
My experience at Loogootee Junior/Senior High School has been transforming. It has not been easy and fun all the time. The hard times and learning parts of high school have changed me to be more responsible, reliable, respectful, and a hard worker. I am so thankful for the challenges I have overcome in high school because the staff at the school have supported and helped me so much. If you are willing to put in the work and go above what is required then Loogootee Jr./Sr. High School is the perfect place for you to grow and develop important skills for life.
I enjoyed my time at Loogootee High School. The teachers are very friendly and have effective teaching skills. However, I would like to have seen more social sensitivity and awareness in the student body and more sensitivity to the few minority and LGBTQ+ students. I think this school would benefit from at least an attempt at instilling tolerance in its students.