Longview High School is an above average, public school located in Longview, TX. It has 2,039 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Longview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+196 Students
- B157 Students
- C+149 Students
- A+126 Students
- A120 Students
- B108 Students
- A-100 Students
- B+89 Students
- B+87 Students
- C87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Longview High School
- BLEAD Academy
- Longview Independent School District, TX
- 3 reviews
- B+Pine Tree High School
- Pine Tree Independent School District, TX
- 163 reviews
- B+Sabine High School
- Sabine Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
- AHallsville High School
- Hallsville Independent School District, TX
- 136 reviews
Longview High School Reviews
Longview High is a great place to get a high school education! Longview has a great staff and academic program which is one of the best in East Texas. There IB program is top notch in preparing kids for college and setting students apart from other high schoolers. Longview has a great sports program with dedicated coaches in ever sport, and a state champion caliber football team. Not only is the campus big and beautiful, but it’s also new and improved with renovations happening every year! If I had to pick a highschool for my children, Longview high would definitely be a place I would consider sending them.
As an upcoming senior, I would have say that I have truly enjoyed my time at LHS. From experience, I know most of the teachers and faculty members are always willing to lend a helping hand. The environment at LHS is diverse and full of energy. Twice a year we come together to help our community in blood drives and other events like Honor America and Touch A Truck. However, in all the positives there are negatives. Like most schools, the food is not great and there are people that make the high school experience a little dreadful. There are staff members that see the students as inexperienced kids and demand respect when all they do is disrespect those around them. Some of the students can be troublemakers and ruin the freedom for the rest of us; however, those students are only a small fraction. As a student who follows the rules and is always on the honor roll, I absolutely detest being shouted at when all I am doing is walking in my school.
My experience at Longview High School is incredible. All the teachers are willing to take the time out to really help you. Even teachers I️ did not even know helped me improve as a student. Longview High School is all about education and career goals. They have so many programs to get you prepared for whatever you choose. The administrators make sure you have someone there to talk to. Also the atmosphere is just a loving place to get education, learn lessons and getting involved. Our principal makes sure we have activities where the whole school is involved with each other. That is my experience with Longview High School and I️ love everything about it and all the staff.