Longview High School is a highly rated, public school located in Longview, TX. It has 2,141 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Longview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+258 Students
- B-217 Students
- A+191 Students
- C+178 Students
- A157 Students
- B144 Students
- A-130 Students
- B+116 Students
- A-116 Students
- B+116 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Longview High School
- BLEAD Academy
- Longview Independent School District, TX
- 3 reviews
- BPine Tree High School
- Pine Tree Independent School District, TX
- 177 reviews
- BSabine High School
- Sabine Independent School District, TX
- 67 reviews
- AHallsville High School
- Hallsville Independent School District, TX
- 168 reviews
Longview High School Reviews
Longview High School was like any other school in Texas; prided itself on sports and academics. The culture at Longview was second to none! Not only did we celebrate achievements in sports, but we celebrated academic achievements as well! The school was well rounded in all aspects. They had a IB program and also a Dual Credit program to go towards college credit; something I took part in. There is nothing I would change about Longview High School.
I joined Longview High School halfway through my Junior year. Joining a new school that is so big is scary, but during my first week everyone was welcoming to me especially the teachers. Although I didn't have any friends at my new school I quickly started making friends and got very involved with the school. I am now on the yearbook, choir, and soccer team. I am very happy with my move here and I am proud to be a Lobo!
Longview High is a great place to get a high school education! Longview has a great staff and academic program which is one of the best in East Texas. There IB program is top notch in preparing kids for college and setting students apart from other high schoolers. Longview has a great sports program with dedicated coaches in ever sport, and a state champion caliber football team. Not only is the campus big and beautiful, but it’s also new and improved with renovations happening every year! If I had to pick a highschool for my children, Longview high would definitely be a place I would consider sending them.