Long County High School is a public school located in Ludowici, GA. It has 974 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Long County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+139 Students
- C+95 Students
- A+76 Students
- B70 Students
- C+67 Students
- B+38 Students
- B-30 Students
- A+29 Students
- C29 Students
- C26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Long County High School Reviews
My experience at LCHS was the best, and anything I could have hoped for. I walked into high school thinking it would be very boring and depressing,but instead I walked out with a lifetime of great memories with my friends, the teachers, and the admin. Long County may be a small rural place but the school is definitely the diamond in the rough. The teachers there are very respectful, entertaining, and inspirational. The way some of my teachers conducted their classrooms even made me think twice about my dream to become a nurse and instead become a science teacher. Long County also has a great access to materials for educational use such as all its computers, chromebooks, iPads, and hardback physical materials. Overall LCHS brought me a great and fluitional experience and is one of the best schools in Georgia
At Long County High School we have standard of how we should conduct ourselves and if we the students go through the whole school with no major referrals. The school throws us a big event at the end of the day, were we have game station, laser tag, water slide, and at the ever end we have a huge water balloon fight. It's just a fun times with friends and a way to end off the school year. The changes I would like to see are our spirit week can be more better. Change up the things we do throughout the week. Instead of Mondays we wear pajamas, we could dress up as characters from a certain movie.
I did all 4 years of high school here and it was the best experience I could have had. I loved that almost everyone at the high school was loving and wanted the best for you. I also love how the super attendants know how to do there job, but then again know how to entertain and have fun to make the students experience awesome. I honestly don’t know what I would change about the Long County High School. Everything that I went through there was always a great learning tool.