Long Branch High School is a public school located in Long Branch, NJ. It has 1,470 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Long Branch High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A114 Students
- A-111 Students
- B-91 Students
- B90 Students
- B88 Students
- C+82 Students
- B69 Students
- A-63 Students
- B56 Students
- A+49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Long Branch High School
- CKeansburg High School
- Keansburg School District, NJ
- 53 reviews
- B-Neptune High School
- Neptune Township School District, NJ
- 250 reviews
- C+Keyport High School
- Keyport School District, NJ
- 57 reviews
- CLakewood High School
- Lakewood School District, NJ
- 118 reviews
Long Branch High School Reviews
Long Branch High School offers a wide variety of classes, including various AP courses. I believe that this provided exceptional educational opportunities in the classroom, allowing students to study based on their interest and passions. A wide range of supplies were available to all students, making the means for quality education more accessible. The environment is welcoming and caring, with a large staff who keeps the students in its best interest. Many measures were taken daily in order to ensure the safety and comfort of each and every student attending the school. Overall I felt I had an extremely positive experience at LBHS, with a range of activities and clubs to continue to stimulate the brain and body outside of the classroom.
Long Branch High School offers great opportunities and education, to those who are already inclined and driven. Although opportunities are plentiful, and AP classes are free with free tests, the large number of students makes it difficult to feel like everyone is exposed to this. Great bilingual programs and diversity, however.
Long Branch is very diverse, but the school overall can be toxic. Focusing on the wrong things like enforcing uniforms or the football team getting new gear. Faculty tend to overlook students and their feelings just because they are too busy. The diversity has helped me grow as a person though, giving me the chance to see all types of ethnicity and races. I plan on sending my children to Long Branch High School because I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't attend this school.