grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Long Beach High School is a highly rated, public school located in Long Beach, NY. It has 1,302 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Long Beach High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus151 Students
- grade A minus135 Students
- grade A+129 Students
- grade A101 Students
- grade A+97 Students
- grade A+95 Students
- grade B+94 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade A minus84 Students
- grade B83 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responses
- Sports events34%
- I like the clubs because there are many options24%
- Senior week11%
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week8%
- We don't have traditions and school spirit is weak5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$34,244 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 31 responses
Schools like Long Beach High School
- grade A minusHicksville High School
- Hicksville Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 247 reviews
- grade A minusLawrence Senior High School
- Lawrence Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 146 reviews
- grade A minusWest Hempstead High School
- West Hempstead Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 157 reviews
- grade AW. Tresper Clarke High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 124 reviews
Long Beach High School Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 218 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall a good school! They have a good range of courses in the school, the sports teams are also very good. The arts could be funded a bit more, but what arts program doesn't need funding? The parking spaces for the upperclassmen aren't utilized as they should be. They are required to park outside the school. They do tend to force IB on students but in the end it's somewhat your decision. In the end i'm happy with the school!
I'm currently a Junior attending LBHS. I like it here! There are a wide range of clubs, sports and people here. Most people aren't enthusiastic about going here, but in my opinion it's a good school. We have IB, AP and honors programs (so a lot of opportunity to really give it your all), and a pretty view of the sound. The teachers are almost all passionate about what they do, and most of them have great senses of humor. The door is always open in the Guidance Office too! I can't speak for other Guidance Counselors, but mine always has time for me when I need their help. The only con I can think of is that the Wi-Fi is dodgy.
Great counselors! Some very dedicated and gifted teachers. The lunches are blah, uninspired. The building is situated on beautiful Reynolds Channel and there is a pond on the south side. Some landscaping would improve the hard lines and concrete exterior of the building, and the chain link fence running along the waterfront should be replaced by a more artistic secure choice.