Logansport High School is a public school located in Logansport, LA. It has 680 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Logansport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B46 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-20 Students
- B18 Students
- C17 Students
- B+13 Students
- C+12 Students
- C+11 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Logansport High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Logansport High School
Logansport High School Reviews
My experience at Logansport was amazing! It’s a smaller school so everyone knows each other. The teachers get along well with the students. Everyone loves how supportive we our towards our school! Especially the football team. The education is just right for everyone. The schools keeps a safe and happy environment for our students and staff. I can’t wait to hopefully return back to Logansport to become a part of the great staff!
The supportive teachers and the motivation from my peers throughout my high school career had encouraged to succeed at all obstacles that I hade to endure while attending Logansport High School. Since the school is located in a rural area, there isn't a significant amount of students that attend the school. The high school and middle school students both share the same building due to our small number in scholars. I believe the classes such as Home Education and other subjects that provide the learning skills on how to survive without relying on others should be provided to the students of LHS. In my own opinion, children living in rural communities should be informed on how to strive at the basics of life as a young adult in a city or any other environment that they are not familiar to. As a senior who has attended LHS ever since the 9th grade, I've realized how important and beneficial it would be to allow these kinds of programs into the Logansport High School curriculum.
Logansport High School has added many programs for certification while getting a diploma. These programs enable students such as myself, have a head start in the workforce as well as a post-secondary education. I hope in the future that Logansport will continue to build on to these programs that are broadening the opportunities for their students. I would also like to see more of a diversity in ethnicity. The more students with different cultural backgrounds, the less close minded Logansport students will be. Furthermore, there wouldn't be such a cultural shock for many of my peers when introduced to the workforce. In conclusion, Logansport High School need some improvements in my opinion. However, they prove to be on the right path to accomplish those goals.