Logan County High School is an above average, public school located in Russellville, KY. It has 1,081 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Logan County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-245 Students
- B122 Students
- A-120 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-51 Students
- C+44 Students
- B-31 Students
- A+28 Students
- B27 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Logan County High School Reviews
Logan County High was my second home for my four years of high school. It was a great experience being around friends, family, and a loving/caring school staff. I played basketball for all four years, three of them being on the varsity basketball team. Logan County sports program are near top of the line with the new winning football, basketball, and volleyball teams. Logan offers many clubs and extracurricular activities. I was in DECA for 2 half of my highschool years and loved it, we got to take trips and have a good time all while learning at the same time.
I enjoy going to Logan County High School. I enjoy the atmosphere but expect more. There is poor diversity. There are not many kids who look like me and it is very apparent whether that is obvious or not. There are lots of inside circles at the school that are unfair to other students. I do feel as if there are a couple of faculty and staff members who care about me. I think that after high school, there are a few people who work there that I can reference to and that can help me as I enter the work force. It is a misconception that the school only cares about sports. I can attest that this statement is false and that the faculty and staff at Logan County High School work hard to make sure the students feel safe and are ready for the real world.
Logan County High School, a school deep in the Western Kentucky countryside, would initially give the impression of a poor, primitive program. However, the opposite is true. Having lived in multiple different states, I can recognize the level and effectiveness of different schools. Logan County High School, despite its geographical location, is one of the more established, respected, and enriching academic institutions in the state of Kentucky, ranking extremely well in all categories, from sport and extracurriculars to academics and performing arts. Logan County High School is truly a great place to learn, and it is a priveledge to be a future graduate here.