Logan County High School
- RUSSELLVILLE, KY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Logan County High School is an above average, public school located in RUSSELLVILLE, KY. It has 979 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Logan County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus271 Students
- grade B137 Students
- grade B+131 Students
- grade B minus59 Students
- grade A minus59 Students
- grade B minus51 Students
- grade B minus36 Students
- grade A+33 Students
- grade B minus31 Students
- grade B minus28 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Logan County High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Homecoming week26%
- Marching band home show22%
- Home games9%
- Spirit Week9%
- Pep rallies4%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,959 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Logan County High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 121 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I'm really silly moved to Kentucky, Logan County has been so accepting and so nice. Moving here was extremely nerve-wracking for me saying how I moved during my junior year which meant I would not have my senior year with my old friends. Moving here I quickly started up with soccer, the ROTC program, and just those two programs I created friendships that I hope will last forever. This is such an amazing school I would recommend it to anybody!
At Logan County High School they have a lot of opportunity for students who want to prepare for college or a job after high school. Many of the teachers care about the students and try to create the best environment for learning. They also have many different "career pathways" for students to follow and learn about. However, many of the possible job types are left out. There is more of an emphasis on STEM careers. For those pathways there is a lot of classes and possible certifications. There is a lot of different clubs at the high school that are well accomplished and helpful to students. There are also smaller clubs so there is something for almost every student. Sports games are fun to go to and the students support their teams.
Logan County High School, and all the people who support it, have went above and beyond to prepare me for college by offering Dual Credit and Advanced Placement classes so that I can have some college credit before even graduating high school. This is helpful to me since I come from a single income family because it allows me to take college classes at a much lower price. Logan County High School has also connected me to some really great friends, who I cherish like none other. Without this school and the personal connections to the teachers and other staff members, I wouldn't be the same student, or even the same person, that I am today.