Locust Grove High School is a public school located in Locust Grove, GA. It has 1,376 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Locust Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+161 Students
- B+124 Students
- B+117 Students
- B-99 Students
- B91 Students
- B-78 Students
- B76 Students
- C+71 Students
- B-70 Students
- A-59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Locust Grove High School Reviews
Locust Grove High School is one of the many schools in the Henry County School System. At this school, all the teachers and staff is wonderful. You can ask anyone for help and they will not mind helping you. This school has many different opportunities for students to interact with other students. Locust Grove has many clubs that anyone is able to join and all clubs are welcoming and invite people to join them. Having the experience of going to this school and graduating from it is wonderful. This school has many different classes that are offered from regular classes to honors to AP classes and also does dual enrollment classes that are accepted. The front office staff is great and always is there to help any students out. The counseling office is also a great place for students to ask any questions about high school and/or college. I am happy to say that I am graduating from Locust Grove High School!
Great school, fabulous administrators! Sports are very important as well as academics. Never a dull moment - the faculty and staff always try to have fun and have a positive attitude. Many students dual enroll but they miss out on school spirit events.
As a student at Locust Grove HIgh SChool I have been equipped with many opportunities to excel academically and socially. The administration and staff are friendly and committed to the development and success of each student. In order to create the best education environment for students many academic trails and reforms have been made to test the waters of new systems. Although i understand and appreciate the need, I wish the students had more say in the schedule and style of learning.