Locust Grove High School is a public school located in Locust Grove, GA. It has 1,383 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Locust Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+198 Students
- B166 Students
- B+147 Students
- B127 Students
- B-120 Students
- B-96 Students
- B93 Students
- C+89 Students
- C88 Students
- B+83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Locust Grove High School Reviews
Overall I would rate Locust Grove High School a 4/5 stars. The school culture there is outstanding and students never fail to attend sporting events rocking their blue and white! Students and faculty members alike are respectful, courteous, and willing to do whatever it takes to succeed inside and outside of the classroom. My teachers in particular my senior year of 2018-2019 were phenomenal and the college prep they fought me stick with me to this day and have prepared me to go forward to the University of West Georgia, not only eager and ready but enthusiastic, knowing that my schoop helped me prepare for this moment. I graduated this year in 2019 and during my 4 years at LGHS I made memories that will last a lifetime! Once a wildcat always a wildcat.
Locust Grove High School has great teachers that really care about the students! The sports and coaches are amazing and go above and beyond for the students! The administration is great and the overall school spirit is amazing! I will miss everything about the school. The facilities all around the school are always maintained and clean. The parent involvement is outstanding! The food was alright and they have different choices to choose from. The elective teachers are awesome and will help prepare you for the next chapter. The school rules and regulations are fair. If at anytime you are struggling there is always someone willing to help you. The school colors are great and the spirit wear is decent.
My years at Locust Grove High School we’re very great! Many teachers here value student potential and their ability to succeed. Also, there are many opportunities to grow and find your true interests here at LGHS.