Lockport High School is an above average, public school located in Lockport, NY. It has 1,414 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Lockport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-124 Students
- C+82 Students
- B74 Students
- C+51 Students
- A-47 Students
- B44 Students
- A41 Students
- A-39 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Lockport High School
- BMedina High School
- Medina Central School District, NY
- 60 reviews
- B+Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School
- Niagara-Wheatfield Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- BNorth Tonawanda High School
- North Tonawanda City School District, NY
- 79 reviews
- B+Akron High School
- Akron Central School District, NY
- 70 reviews
Lockport High School Reviews
Overall, LHS is a great Highschool. They offer programs and classes that other schools don’t have such as AP classes for college and BOCES for work force. LHS have a great staff/ teachers that are helpful and kind. They truly put us, the students, above and prioritize our education and wellbeing. However they lack a way to control drug substances inside school. You can easily find students in the bathroom smoking and vaping.
The teachers are usually very nice, especially in the English department. The food is mediocre but the cafeterias are large. Don't rely on the counselors to help you decide what you want to do after high school.
Lockport is a pretty good school. If you make the effort, the teachers are there for you. They will give you the extra time and energy if you truly want to learn. The school itself is ok. it's clean. The food sucks, about half the kids bring their own lunch. There is a wide variety of classes to choose from and a lot of extra stuff to do, like robotics, drama, or science Olympia. Sports is ok. Lockport is about 1400 students, so our sports teams are always full. We are competitive in our area, but that's it, varies from year to year. I would like to see the school more focused on preparing us for the future with emphasis on SAT and ACT prep and financial management.