Llano High School is an above average, public school located in Llano, TX. It has 539 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Llano High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-107 Students
- A+106 Students
- B+106 Students
- B-105 Students
- A+81 Students
- B64 Students
- A46 Students
- B45 Students
- B+42 Students
- A28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Llano High School Reviews
Llano HS is a relatively small school and sure, you may not get the same experience as you would with a large school. However, with being such a small school everyone knows each other! You can get one-on-one with a teacher without having to worry if he or she will be able to fit you in. The entire school has a very relaxed feeling which allows for students to study to their max without interruption. The staff is amazing and will help you as best as they can and will fit in a time for you. The students are full of potential and here, we strive to do our best. All in all, it's a great place to be.
Doesn’t adequately prepare for college, strict and sexist dress code, religious and conservative, horrible food, decent band, a few really awesome teachers, passing state tests are all that really matter, lots of coaches, cliquey, major favoritism, football is put first even though we sucked and hardly ever won, 55% of Llano’s population has a high school diploma/GED or lower education if that tells you something about how FANTASTIC this school is!!!
Llano high school is a place where test scores are the most important thing to the principal, instead of exploring the student's interests and abilities in anything other than knowing how to take a test. Half the teachers are excellent, half are probably employed because they have connections. The food is disturbing, and not a good lunch environment is provided. There is little diversity, if at all. This is just what seems to come from small towns in general though, so there's not much that can be done there.