Livingston Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Livingston, NJ. It has 1,846 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Livingston Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A257 Students
- A+124 Students
- A+119 Students
- A109 Students
- A+100 Students
- B100 Students
- A97 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+85 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Livingston Senior High School
- A+Ridge High School
- Bernards Township School District, NJ
- 180 reviews
- A+Ridgewood High School
- Ridgewood Public Schools, NJ
- 186 reviews
- A+Bernards High School
- Somerset Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 170 reviews
- A+Millburn Senior High School
- Millburn Township Schools, NJ
- 144 reviews
Livingston Senior High School Reviews
Growing up in Livingston, I have always been excited to go to high school here. I love the school and having the incredible staff and administration ready to help the students with whatever they need is very comforting. I am excited to embark on my next journey in college, but I will without a doubt miss this school and will never forget my experiences here. Students are able to feel truly connected to their teachers and are given many opportunities!
I feel really lucky that I went to Livingston High School. It is full of opportunities I know a lot of other schools don't necessarily offer, like TV classes and Chinese. I was pretty active in the athletics at LHS; its really competitive and the coaches I had were fantastic. LHS definitely pushes its students to "reach for the stars" in terms of academics, athletics and extra curricular activities. It was pretty cliquey though, and that was a problem for a lot of people. Also, I feel like they really pushed you to go the typical college route and did explore other potential options for students. But I loved their muffins!
Livingston Senior High School is an experience like no other. Last year, my freshman year, was a difficult year for the Livingston community, yet instead of crumbling due to the pressure put on our community, we thrived. Faculty and students alike were fully supportive and strong throughout the multiple troubles that we faced last year. The change I would like to see happen, is more school spirit. This school community has pulled through much hardship, yet school spirit is not very evident in the halls of Livingston High. It would be nice to see students proud of their school, and showing it throughout the school year, not only on spirit days and pep rallies.