Livingston Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Livingston, NJ. It has 1,883 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Livingston Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A315 Students
- A+163 Students
- A+156 Students
- A+127 Students
- A126 Students
- B125 Students
- A-117 Students
- A113 Students
- A+104 Students
- A+95 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Schools like Livingston Senior High School
- A+Ridge High School
- Bernards Township School District, NJ
- 206 reviews
- A+Ridgewood High School
- Ridgewood Public School District, NJ
- 210 reviews
- A+Bernards High School
- Somerset Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 183 reviews
- A+Millburn Senior High School
- Millburn Township School District, NJ
- 171 reviews
Livingston Senior High School Reviews
The opportunities are incredible! There are a major variety of electives that cater to your needs and interests throughout all 4 years of high school. From stagecraft to chorus to autoshop, you can get a taste of anything while at this high school. The guidance office is willing to help you get your schedule as you see fit as well! Very flexible, open minded and just a wonderful environment to be in while exploring your interests for the future
Born and raised in Livingston, New Jersey, I have gone through grades K-12 and recently graduated high school as a student of the class of 2019. Throughout the years the Livingston Board of Education (BOE) and Livingston High School has never let me down in terms of its academics, faculty, and decisions made for the Livingston community. Most notably, during my sophomore year the entire high school received Microsoft Surface 3 computers, although some students and faculty felt uncomfortable with the major transition, I recognized the BOE's decision as an opportunity to excel one's own academics in regards to preparing for college. The BOE's decision made working efficient, faster, and improved students' skills in Microsoft Office. Overall, Livingston High School provides top tier academics, athletics, and activities in the midst of a diverse community.
It’s a great school for anyone moving in. I felt right at home, and so far it has been a great experience. Cafeteria is clean with a variety of food choices, there are many bathrooms and most are kept pristine, and the track/field/gym is maintained in good condition. Only complaint would be the broken gym equipments that haven’t been addressed for the past 2 years. Many who grew up with Livingston Public Schools don’t love the high school, but I believe that oftentimes everywhere else is better than one’s hometown. And for me, Livingston High School is the best school I could’ve moved to.