Livingston Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Livingston, NJ. It has 1,824 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Livingston Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A278 Students
- A+137 Students
- A+136 Students
- A114 Students
- A+111 Students
- B+104 Students
- A102 Students
- A100 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+91 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB+
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Schools like Livingston Senior High School
- A+Ridge High School
- Bernards Township School District, NJ
- 192 reviews
- A+Ridgewood High School
- Ridgewood Public Schools, NJ
- 195 reviews
- A+Bernards High School
- Somerset Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 176 reviews
- A+Millburn Senior High School
- Millburn Township Schools, NJ
- 157 reviews
Livingston Senior High School Reviews
Growing up in Livingston, I have always been excited to go to high school here. I love the school and having the incredible staff and administration ready to help the students with whatever they need is very comforting. I am excited to embark on my next journey in college, but I will without a doubt miss this school and will never forget my experiences here. Students are able to feel truly connected to their teachers and are given many opportunities!
I am very privileged to live in Livingston and especially attend the Livingston High School. Despite having a reputation of awful diversity and a very segregated school of Asians and Whites, the resources available for us to be successful are very helpful. However, there is no one side of the school. The school has very amazing teachers who deserve so much respect with their willingness to help students, but sadly it also has teachers who are very hypocritical- asking for respect from student yet are very disrespectful (usually the ones with tenure contracts). Especially coming from a student who moved from a different country, it is obvious that students who are born and raised in Livingston or around Livingston tend to display a very narrow-minded mind. It's sad to see how they perceive everything being around them.
I had a great time at Livingston Senior High School and thought the school did a good job of creating a friendly environment for everyone, providing quality education as well as technology, and ensuring the welfare of everyone. However, the school could have improved on helping students get ready for the college application process, in particular improving the rapport between the high school guidance counselors and the students, and the school needs different people at the upper level of the administration.