Livingston Academy is a public school located in Livingston, TN. It has 883 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Livingston Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+168 Students
- A-124 Students
- B60 Students
- C+52 Students
- B47 Students
- A+37 Students
- B32 Students
- B+28 Students
- B27 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Livingston Academy Reviews
I would say the academics, when compared to others in the state, are sub par at best. There is very little diversity within the school. However, the teachers are welcoming and build genuine relationships with each student. The dual-enrollment program does assist in college readiness, and the programs are expanding. There are lots of clubs and sports teams available for all kinds of students. The culture of the school is very positive; family-oriented describes the area and atmosphere well. Administration changes are often and confusing. High school food is high school food, but our lunch ladies put in extra work to decorate cakes and deserts for major holidays. The building is in rough shape, but the janitors are very good and a highlight to the Livingston experience. Multiple science labs as well as a strong music and theatre departments represent the many different types of knowledge well.
Very nice school, with plenty of options throughout your 4 years. Including opportunities to attend TCAT and Volunteer State Community College for college course work while still in high school!
My experience at Livingston Academy has been good. It was not amazing though I feel there are a few things that could be better. A lot of the teachers a good but there are some that are very great. The food to me at least is not very good. The learning experience is on the whole pretty good but could use a tiny amount of change. It is a very good school for preparing you for college and getting everything ready. The facilities are average and nothing special the building is very old so a lot is not really up to date. On the whole I would recommend this school. I would like to see the foods quality increase, the rooms to be more updated, and to have a more personal style of teaching and not so safe and by the books.