Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Little Cypress-Mauriceville (LCM) High School is an above average, public school located in Orange, TX. It has 980 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Little Cypress-Mauriceville (LCM) High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus107 Students
- grade A+96 Students
- grade A+89 Students
- grade B+68 Students
- grade A minus67 Students
- grade B62 Students
- grade C+48 Students
- grade A47 Students
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade A+40 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responses
- Theater productions18%
- Band competitions12%
- Pep rallies12%
- Senior Night for any sport12%
- My son is in Theater, so I really enjoy watching6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,501 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Little Cypress-Mauriceville (LCM) High School
- grade B minusVidor High School
- Vidor Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 124 reviews
- grade C+West Orange-Stark High School
- West Orange-Cove Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 61 reviews
- grade BVinton High School
- Calcasieu Parish Public Schools, LA
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade BOrangefield High School
- Orangefield Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 60 reviews
Little Cypress-Mauriceville (LCM) High School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 50 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
LCM is like a dream come true. We are extremely successful, in the business of making people jealous as our principal says. We have 7 consecutive district champ titles for UIL. Our band is currently 7th in state 4A. And our sports teams are off the hook! The people are amazing, the teachers are outstanding, and quite frankly, I couldn’t dream of going anywhere else.
I’ve attended LCM for my whole life. With the changes that were made in administration my junior year after Hurricane Harvey left the school rather disorganized. There was a dramatic change in school spirit and pride it became less focused on the individuals and competing to dominate in every event we could as a school. This was especially true in our academics we had several teams win state this year. I’m the captain of our debate team and can personally say I was much more excited to see how we placed as a speech team and excited for my teammates rather then how I placed as individual. The changes I would like to see are opportunities to expand our programs through funding from outside help though I understand this is largely due to the districts recovery from Hurricane Harvey and I’m sure the programs will expand in upcoming years.
Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School is the school I've known to love over my years of being a student. Throughout my years learning and developing at this gracious school, I have noticed many changes including the quality of the facility and education. LCM has a wonderful athletics program that is dedicated to mold the minds and bodies of young student athletes into champions. The morale of LCM has always remained as greatness and success for all in education as well as life.