Little Black Pearl Arts Academy High School is a public school located in Chicago, IL. It has 116 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-18 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+15 Students
- B13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-10 Students
- B9 Students
- C9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Little Black Pearl Arts Academy High School Reviews
Little Black Pearl Art & Design high school Is a wonderful school. My experience with Little Black Pearl was amazing. I'm able to be myself like I'm at home because of the school environment. My school has alot of opportunities that I'm able to be a part of. I was able to grow and experience things since I've been there.
This school Is good to when You need or want to seek in a new opportunity such as internships and jobs. But being here can be a bit difficult and challenging if you hang with the wrong people but I feel that the only way you can survive is if you stay to your self and to have a few good friends and do your work because the work there is simple at times than other high schools. But if you are good at art or have any performing arts ability this school is for you But at the end of the day it like a family the staff is there for you and it is a small high school so you wont be just another number.
The extra activities get students active and focused. The after school programs actually motivate students to want better for themselves. We have glass blowing after school, basketball and many more activities. The staff Also make sure everyone eats there