Little Axe High School is a public school located in Norman, OK. It has 387 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Little Axe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A73 Students
- C+52 Students
- B45 Students
- B41 Students
- B-36 Students
- A35 Students
- C35 Students
- B+29 Students
- C+19 Students
- C17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Little Axe High School Reviews
Little axe had a very homey feeling to it and was a close-knit community. I loved having personalized relationships with my teachers and getting that one on one help. However, little axe ultimately needs more money to be a higher functioning school. While the close knit community vibe is great, I feel at times it creates a bias in the classroom.
I have gone to Little Axe Public Schools for 14 years, starting in pre-k and ending in my senior year. I feel like I am not incredibly prepared for the workload that I will receive in college. There is a lack of diversity. When our infamous racist incident happened, not even an assembly to address and denounce it occurred. It was disappointing. A few teachers here truly try to teach and care about their students, but others seem as if they are merely here for a paycheck.
I love the small community we have here at little axe and the great faculty and staff we have. It’s like a little family. However, some academics and facilities are limited due to the poor funding we receive.