Lithonia High School is a public school located in Lithonia, GA. It has 1,327 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 9% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Lithonia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B324 Students
- A+225 Students
- B+201 Students
- B-163 Students
- C+143 Students
- C+139 Students
- C+133 Students
- B-126 Students
- C123 Students
- C+106 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 82 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Lithonia High School Reviews
Based on my experience, I liked how most of the teachers along with the counselours cared about the students education and wants you to succeed further in life instead of just encouraging you to pass the class. They impliment life lessons and offer advice in preparation for the real world. However, sometimes it was a shortage of staff and resources necessary for learning adequately. Some students disrupt the learning environment or ruin the leisure of others on several occassions. Also, it lacked entertainment and activities to make school enjoyable to make the high school experience more than just work.
During my time at Lithonia High school I enjoyed the school spirit and my teachers and their support to keep persevering so that I could succeed. I also like the friends I made at my school and the academic opportunities offered to me, as well as other students. What I wish could change were the fights that would occur at times and the fact that the restrooms were always closed.
LHS is not the worst school but it's not the best. There's a lack of resources as well as lack of teachers. There was also many times where there were rats roaming in the cafeteria. In addition, there were many instances were we were put on Level 3 lockdowns because of violence or intruders.