Lithonia High School is a public school located in Lithonia, GA. It has 1,344 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 9% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Lithonia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+274 Students
- A+196 Students
- B+179 Students
- B-141 Students
- B-127 Students
- C+116 Students
- C+110 Students
- C+106 Students
- B-99 Students
- C87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 82 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Lithonia High School Reviews
Based on my experience, I liked how most of the teachers along with the counselours cared about the students education and wants you to succeed further in life instead of just encouraging you to pass the class. They impliment life lessons and offer advice in preparation for the real world. However, sometimes it was a shortage of staff and resources necessary for learning adequately. Some students disrupt the learning environment or ruin the leisure of others on several occassions. Also, it lacked entertainment and activities to make school enjoyable to make the high school experience more than just work.
Lithonia High School is a very decent school. Although not many people pay attention to their grades, I believe that the new principal that we have this year is trying really hard to improve the school and it's actually working. I have many friends there and there are good people there too who are a good influence to help motivate you and help improve your grades. However, there are also those student who only make the school appear bad and don't care about their educational future. Overall, the school is nice with good people and bad with negative people but nothing is perfect and everything has a flaw, right?
Well my experience at Lithonia High School wasn't really bad as I thought it would be. My day as a freshman I was completely lost and nervous, but after a while I got used to it. The only bad thing about Lithonia High School is just the kids getting into fights but it calm down over the years thought. One thing I like about this school is that it taught me about responsibility and learn how to do things without someone telling you. One time I want to change about Lithonia High School is that it should be more fun activities to do.