Lisa Academy North High School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Sherwood, AR. It has 127 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Lisa Academy North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B36 Students
- B-32 Students
- A-29 Students
- B-17 Students
- B15 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+12 Students
- A-10 Students
- C9 Students
- A+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Lisa Academy North High School
- B+Lisa Academy High School
- Public School
- Little Rock, AR
- 111 reviews
- B+Maumelle Charter High School
- Public School
- Maumelle, AR
- 86 reviews
- A-eStem High Public Charter School
- Estem High Charter School District, AR
- 154 reviews
- B-Academic Center for Excellence
- Cabot School District, AR
- 1 review
Lisa Academy North High School Reviews
My daughter went there from the time it opened. She got a great education, and is a National Merit Scholar. She got to experience the wonderful diversity of the student and staff body as well . The teachers and admin work hard with students to prepare them for college success! There are clubs such as National Honor Society and Quiz Bowl, and more. There is a parent club, but it can be hard to get parents interested to attend (at any school, parents work a lot of course). They have had graduates attend ivy-league colleges if that's what the goal was. I'd recommend this school to anyone interested in a great STEM education or a great general HS education.
Lisa Academy North High is very good academically, many of the teachers are very helpful, going over homework and making sure the material everyone understands the material that is taught in class. In addition, there are many afterschool programs that the school offers so that a student can find something that interests them. However, the school lacks in athletics. Only having a basketball team and a track team as the major athletics a student can participate in is very constraining but there have been recent efforts to bring in more sports such as improving the girl's volleyball team and trying to create a soccer team. Changes that I would personally like to see are more freedom in dressing, and a better traffic system.
I've been at Lisa Academy North since I was in the 6th grade and now i'm a senior. I can say I did not like attending here at first, but once my parents and teachers got me to realize how great the academics was and the teachers I started to want better for my education . I have not once had a teacher that doesn't care about their students learning ability and skills. There is so much diversity and culture throughout the school and it's amazing to see. My experience here has been great especially since I've added basketball to my agenda. The only thing I would want to get better about Lisa Academy is the sports department should get more attention than it already does