Lipscomb Academy Reviews

Lipscomb Academy was a good school academically. It was lacking socially as there were multiple cliques that were difficult to join, but there's generally a group for everyone.

As for the teachers, the majority of them are very helpful and want to see you succeed. If you put in a good effort, you'll surely be able to achieve your academic goals.
Lipscomb Academy is a school full o heart and passion. Professors a this school are truly motivated to see their students succeed. The interpersonal relationships that are created are so unique that teachers and students can humbly say know each other.
As much as the educational development of the students is important to the school, their spiritual development is just as important. Lipscomb offers university courses at Lipscomb University, a Private christian school. With such a large resource, terry are able to provide tools for the students which no other private school in all of Nashville, TN has to offer.
in my 12 years at lipscomb, i can say that while the academics at lipscomb are great, everything else is subpar. i would recommend the elementary school to parents considering sending their young children to lipscomb, but once you get to the high school, it gets worse. because of the family feel that lipscomb tries to create, the society in and around lipscomb is very closed off. it is hard to enter the school after freshman year. if you have not heard of the lipscomb bubble, allow me to explain. lipscomb is a small community and everyone knows each other and all of their business. there is no such thing as secrets at lipscomb. around half of the students from the academy graduate and go on to lipscomb university. it is hard to join and/or escape the lipscomb bubble. some facilities at lipscomb are nice, such as the elementary school building, but most are not. the bathrooms are disgusting and the cafeteria cannot hold all the students. i do not recommend lipscomb academy.
Start Your Review of Lipscomb Academy
Lipscomb Academy is a good school, which strives to be better each year. Athletics is big, but other activities like band are a little overlooked.
I loved being at Lipscomb. The teachers were all very nice and helpful and I made a lot of good friends that I still have today.
This School is on the move they are really investing in the student experience and it shows. The new investments in facilities and student experience are paying dividends.
Ugh! I have been going to this school for 12 years and it gets worse when you get to middle school and worse in highschool. I'm so tired of the administration and the deans of this school. I have considered moving schools so many times. If you're a girl it is even worst. You will feel targeted and they rule or so much harder on girls. They make you get on your knees to check your skirt length which is so demeaning. I would recommend the elementary but not the middle and high.
Lipscomb Academy is a small Christian private school in Nashville, Tennessee. I have attended this school for thirteen years now, so I don't really have much experience elsewhere. However, I have been here long enough to see many changes take place, both good and bad, and the effect that those changes have on us students. The overall organization of this school is definitely all over the place. Things are changing every minute without policy and without much enforcement. The academics are challenging, but despite the expectations of being a college-preparatory school, there is not much college readiness in our curriculum. Lipscomb is very much a standard high school academically with exceedingly high financial benefits. The sports are not exceptional, but the Fine Arts program seems to do quite well. Overall, Lipscomb Academy is sufficient, but it is not exemplary in much of anything.
I have attended Lipscomb Academy since 8th Grade and finished off with high school graduation. Overall, it was a good experience.
I have been at Lipscomb for 13 years, and am about to start my 14th year as a senior. Growing up here is truly what has made me, me! The community here is so welcoming, devoted, and real. The teachers are dedicated to encouraging students and planting a love for learning in them. I’m always discovering new things here, and I’m so blessed to have received my education here!
I need to be honest. This school is something else. I am a former student and I was there pre-k through 7th grade. There is such hypocrisy in the administration. Let’s just say if your last name is associated with money you will be fine. I’ve seen such injustice occur. Even being white, athletic and well off I was still bullied. Good teachers are being pushed out and replaced with babies who can’t teach. Teachers who are iconic and amazing are being pushed out. Lipscomb was I’ll for a while. But in this day and time you can find a much better school for your child. Please take this warning don’t send your child here! All kids can can go to 3 colleges lipscomb, Belmont and Harding. There is such a mold and speaking out or being an individual is looked down upon. I’m glad I got out when I did. Lipscombs just gone downhill.
I really enjoyed the elementary part of this school.
But the MS and HS were very "who you know" type atmospheres.
I didn't feel supported in the recruiting process for college. But their athletic staff has changed now and I am anxious to see what the future holds for the underclassmen.
Had a great 4 year experience in high school. Was able to take AP and Dual Enrollment courses. Teachers care about the students.
I love that Lipscomb is a community and that I can come everyday and learn something new. The teachers care so much about us and want us to do our best. With that encouragement I’m able to give it my all and succeed. I love this school and can’t wait for another year.
The Christian community is very strong there. The education is very good and gets students ready for college.
My experience at Lipscomb Academy has been very good. The academics are rigorous with above average teachers. I wish to see more diversity and an increase in athletics. The school is on its way to better things!
Start Your Review of Lipscomb Academy
I loved the "family" feel of the school. I think we must improve our sports, start programs for middle school and grow the high school teams. Must have teachers that are passionate about teaching and coaches passionate about their sport. Not just filling spaces and trying to make them work.
Lipscomb Academy is an amazing school. I have been a student since the age of 5 when I enrolled in Kindergarten. The teachers and staff are very nurturing and genuinely care about the students.
My 3 years in Lipscomb Academy was great. Teachers are very nice and they are always ready to help you with anything. Friends are pretty nice. One thing is that Lipscomb does not have a lot of special fun activities.