Line Mountain Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Herndon, PA. It has 373 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B37 Students
- B25 Students
- A+19 Students
- C+15 Students
- B14 Students
- C+13 Students
- C+12 Students
- A12 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Line Mountain Junior/Senior High School
- CWilliams Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Williams Valley School District, PA
- 59 reviews
- C+Millersburg Area Senior High School
- Millersburg Area School District, PA
- 49 reviews
- B-Upper Dauphin Area High School
- Upper Dauphin Area School District, PA
- 92 reviews
- C+Shamokin Area High School
- Shamokin Area School District, PA
- 108 reviews
Line Mountain Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Line Mountain has some great teachers, but also a few "bad eggs" which spoil the soup. Although some teachers are great, sometimes it seems as if nothing is taken serious. Administration for the high school isn't always the best, and the school board is terrible. Only emphasis is placed on sports, no support for non-sports activities (band, choir, theater). The lack of communication between administration and students is terrible. It also seems that there were never enough teachers (only 2 for art, 2 for all music classes grades K-12, 3 English teachers for 4 grades, only 3 science teachers, etc.) The school has a habit of not hiring back teachers once they retire, rendering the school short staffed and affecting the availability of some classes. Not a very supportive school of the arts. Very good with gifted students and all special education students.
I liked that Line Mountain High School was a small district. Overall the school district needs to improve its academics so that students are better prepared for college classes.
Line Mountain is a very friendly school. Mostly everyone you meet there is nice and caring. The teachers also show that they care about the education and the students well being.