Linden High School is a public school located in Linden, NJ. It has 1,630 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Linden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-300 Students
- A291 Students
- B263 Students
- C+187 Students
- A-145 Students
- A+141 Students
- A-135 Students
- A+114 Students
- A-109 Students
- B+108 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Linden High School
- B-William L. Dickinson High School
- Jersey City School District, NJ
- 208 reviews
- B-Rahway High School
- Rahway Public School District, NJ
- 140 reviews
- C+Belleville High School
- Belleville Public Schools, NJ
- 286 reviews
- BClifton High School
- Clifton Public School District, NJ
- 496 reviews
Linden High School Reviews
My experience at Linden High School has been great. There is a lot diversity and it gives everyone an opportunity to learn about different cultures. The academic curriculum has been excellent. There is always a class that suits everyone's academic level. The IB curriculum has been excellent as well as it challanges and gives the student to achieve his or her full potential and succeed in college. One great aspect about LHS is the vast number of after school activities and sports available to students. There is always something a student can participate in that they are good at. The guidance counselors and teachers are very helpful, and they want every student to succeed. My experience at LHS has been amazing!
Linden High School is a very unique school filled of lots of love and laughter! You meet all different kind of students with different stories that make this school so much more interesting. Linden High is like no other highschool! Linden has excellent basketball & football teams, spunky cheerleaders, excellent drama and choir club and not to mention one of the only few HS in the Union County area that have a dance company. Linden High is a like a good crazy school!
High school is a very important and vital part of anyone who has the chance to experience, as it leads to students in high school to develop habits, ambitions, and skills that they will later use for the rest of their lives. My experience in Linden High School has been phenomenal, as I enjoy the diversity experienced in the surrounding. The diversity lets me understand that we are all humans that could be able to do whatever we put our mind to, no matter the race, gender, or religion you belong to. In the system of the High school there are multiple teachers that have a very humble beliefs and ideas, that they take their time to pursued and help students to overachieve their expectations and goals. As my high school years come to and end I see more and more progress, but there are still little cracks that could be fixed, as not all teachers put their 100% to make sure all students understand or even try. Other than the food Linden has been one of the best times of my life.