Lincoln County High School is a public school located in Hamlin, WV. It has 855 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-175 Students
- A-100 Students
- C+51 Students
- B-41 Students
- C37 Students
- C+32 Students
- A-25 Students
- A+21 Students
- C17 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Lincoln County High School Reviews
I loved how easy it was to be myself at my school. I loved my coaches and teachers, they helped me every day to become a responsible/college ready student. I also love the administration and all of my friends. I would like to change some of our athletic facilities because we are a little behind in those. I participate on the football team and I was a team captain!
This school is very inclusive in the opportunities in sports, CTE programs, and Special Education. The math department is very inadequate and could use some more help. The English, social studies, and science departments are the most qualified for the jobs they have. The custodians are the best at keeping the halls and bathrooms free of debris.
LCHS was a good school, but it lacked a rounded education to prepare students for the real world. I once took a cooking class, and all we ever learned was how to make muffins, that were actually biscuits. There isn't many extra curricular activities, and it is easy to get in trouble. For me, Junior ROTC and soccer kept me out a trouble and helped keep my grades up.