Lin-Wood Public High School Reviews

Lin-Wood is a place that allows you to foster a strong sense of community, but is not the most rigorous high school experience. That doesn't mean it isn't difficult sometimes.
I've gone to Lin-wood since kindergarten, and have loved it since. It is a very small school, with about 22 students per grade. I feel as if I know everybody and I am very comfortable with talking to the teachers. It is like a community; there are no clicks or groups, no major bullying problems, and all the faculty members are there for you when you need it. I wish faculty members weren't so frequently quitting. Since my freshman year (I'm a senior now), I've had 3 different Principles, 3 different nurses, and so many other smaller jobs have quit as well. I'm sure its to do with politics, but I wish I knew why.
It provides a personal environment filled with teachers and counselors who truly care about the students’ experience. It has always been a small school, so the one thing I would change would be an expansion for more students creating more opportunities.
Start Your Review of Lin-Wood Public High School
The teachers are nice but they do not push you to do your best. Sometimes you have to push them to grade your assignments and even then you have to ask them so many times just to teach you sometimes. A small amount of teachers are amazing, but it does not say much due to how small this school really is.
I would like to see more school spirit within the school and community. I think that we since we live in such a small town that it should be easy. I would like to see students and community members connecting more. I feel that this could be done with connections to the elderly home and school. I think our community volunteer programs should focus on our recreation department and the elderly housing residents to make lasting and meaningful relationships.
There’s so much to love about Lin-Wood Public HighSchool. It provides a personal environment filled with teachers and counselors who truly care about the students’ experience. Having attended this school my entire life, with multiple opportunities to be a student somewhere else, I knew this was the only school that I could reach my highest potential. It has always been a small school, so the one thing I would change would be an expansion for more students creating more opportunities.
The clubs that we do have here are excellent. Sports teams are ok the best is the ski team.
The small school environment really lets you get to know everyone. I think it better prepared me for my future.
Great small school! Teacher's are super helpful and very knowledgable.
The teachers are awesome and supportive, but the school code is all messed up. They only punish athletic and kids with good academic records. All the kids that don't try or care never get addressed.
The food has its good days and bad days, but it seems a lot of the lunch has been cheaply made or quickly made. The only consistent food is the deli because you can make your own sandwich.
The disciplinary code at my school is very wishy washy.
The school is limited on athletic and fitness opportunities for sports teams only due to the number of people that attend the school. Some years a team can barely be made due to limited numbers. The facilities are nice and well maintained, and give students the opportunity to exell in their athletic ability.
All have a strong drive and background to their profession. They are passionate and very knowledgeable. It is very respectable that our teachers such as the science teachers have experience working in the National Forest or Yellowstone National Park. Also our English teacher has written a book, and all of our teachers go to conferences for their profession.
There are a plethora of clubs; from sport clubs such as tennis and golf, to school organizations such as FBLA(Future Business Leaders of America) and Student Council, to educational clubs like Astronomy Club and Girls of Summer. There are many other clubs that fit in between like Gaming Club, DI(Destination Imagination), LGBT( Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender) Club, Guys of Summer, and etc. The school has sport teams that also offer something for kids to do.
The students are harsh on the computers
It's a small school, not much you can do...
Start Your Review of Lin-Wood Public High School
Could use more spring sports...
I feel healthy and safe at school
Seniors should be able to decorate their grad caps