Limon Junior-Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Limon, CO. It has 261 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Limon Junior-Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-43 Students
- A-42 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-24 Students
- B23 Students
- A22 Students
- B20 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-18 Students
- C+16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Limon Junior-Senior High School Reviews
The teachers are helpful no matter what they are helping with with. Following with very fun events at this school, I do overall appreciate attending it. Everyone is very accepting of who you are. Not even joking, I show up to school wearing cosplay (costumes) normally and nobody bats an eye.
Academics offered at this school range from common high school credits to extremely difficult college credit classes. The professors who teach these subjects are highly knowledgable about the material they present to their classes. Every year at the beginning of may students are given a sheet of paper to decide which classes they wish to participate in for the following year. Typically as a freshman and sophomore they are very limited on what they can select. Every year opens up another slot for an elective to fall in. As a student at this school, at times I find the work load to be a bit much for freshman and sophomores due to their inexperience of time management. It can be highly difficult for students to accomplish all their homework in one night if they are involved in sports. One of the most popular classes offered at Limon High School is the Industrial Arts program. This program teaches students how to construct a project from scratch. By having this class, it teaches students that they have to be precise with every measurement and cut to allow every piece to fit together.
Limon High School was a beautiful place to grow up simply because of how close the community is. You feel as if in the situation that you need something, several people are there to help you. The people you see everyday in the halls are the same people you will play sports with, so you can easily makes bonds and strong relationships.