Life Sciences Secondary School Reviews

Hands down the best experience ever! There’s so much support from all teachers and staff who want the best for each and everyone of their students.
I had been in this school since 8th grade when it was both a middle school and high school, and if you were to ask me then about how i would rate the school it would not be five stars. This school has got a five star rating because I place value on the experience. I have discovered so much about myself in high school like my interests, faults in character, views on education etc. Lastly, this school has gotten a five star because i value the fruits of my labor at this school.
Life Sciences Secondary School has a diverse set of students. You can meet anyone from different backgrounds. I met some of the greatest people in this school that helped me through my high school year. Not only does it have diversity ,but they also offer a variety of programs of different interests. The teachers are very friendly and they will always check up on your grades to maintain a high GPA. I don’t regret coming here!
Start Your Review of Life Sciences Secondary School
I like the fact that the teachers help me almost every time I ask for help. But the students only get 0 stars they fool around so much and doesn’t get the work in the end, which the teachers have to slow down the lesson to help them. I feel like my future is ruined the moment I stepped in this school, I felt like I learned nothing. I just have to learn by myself at home.
This school offers excellent education and excellent help from teachers. The school provides many opportunities to further your future career with clubs, competitions, and trips.
Life Sciences Secondary school unfortunately is underfunded. Often times the music program has to reuse broken instruments and the gym and auditiorium share a space.
My experience at life sciences has been good even though it’s had its ups and downs with me it’s still the best experience a high schooler could ask for .
I HATED MY EXPERIENCE HERE! I was not challenged. There was no competition at this school and teachers barely teacher, most to all the teachers gave worksheets (wastes a lot of paper in a school year which makes me even sad) and not teach, I never learned from the teachers and I had to try to learn myself from khan academy or other resources which was very difficult. The students fool around a lot, it is very easy to get a good grade in the school, I can say that I still worked for my grade but there are many students who ALWAYS turn in work last minute and would probably get the same grade as me, which isn’t fair for me or the others because of this, standardized test scores like regents, SAT, APs scores are so low, the SAT AVG many students had below 1000, and the majority had between 700-900 total SAT , 60s on regents, and a very low passing rate on APs. We barely get homework which is to finish CW, Band teacher was amazing though
I loved how involved the teachers were with their students whether it had to do with academics or things that were more personal.
I really like the bond the students have with the teachers. It’s a really small school with a small amount of students so people get that one on one with teachers when needed.
It has a big facility. A diversity of students and some welcoming teachers. Teachers get along with students. Not many sports the gym and auditorium are together. Some main science subject are gone such as chemistry. Not much about college readiness.few fights break out. There is a good amount of security through out the building. Some students are falling behind. Students may take online classes. Not many clubs in this school
What makes this school unique for me is the diversity with in it. The teachers of the school are one of the things that stood out to me the most. The teachers actually care about the students. Teachers are understanding on accepting late work and pushing back due dates and taking time out of their day to help students with numerous problems. The teachers try their best to get to know the students in their classes. Another thing that stood out to me from this school was the internship opportunities. Participating in an internship comes with many benefits. Having records of internships looks good on your resume, and stands out to colleges. In conclusion LSSS is a small school, and has very helpful teachers.There are no fights going on in the school, which makes it easier for the students to focus on their work, not on drama. Great principal! She’s very helpful and very good at taking feedback from the students to improve things in the school.
What makes this school unique for me was the experience it gave me. I really had fun at this school playing soccer with the team. Although we didn’t win as much, we enjoyed it and supported one another. It felt like everyone was connected. I don’t think there will be something like this at another high school because for me i made a lot of friends and we would often go play outside school.
The school provides many opportunities to further your future career with clubs, competitions, and trips. This school is very liberal and open, which I like very much. There is no discrimination between students. Students are open to everyone and everything and it allow students to get a diffferent prospective of what your future is going to look like. In classrooms there are intellectual debates and focus creates an active learning environment. Coming to LSSS was the right decision because you will have a lot of decisions what you will want to do in the future. For example, when I came to this school I was not comfortable talking to people, and now that I am graduating early I am focus and communicating with other students and teachers.
The teachers of the school are one of the things that stood out to me the most. The teachers actually care about the students. And I am not just talking about accepting late work, I am talking about pushing back due dates and taking time out of their day to help students with numerous problems. Furthermore, the teachers try their best to get to know the students in their classes. To learn about who the student is, what they like to do, and how they like to learn. Another thing that stood out to me from this school was the internship opportunities. Participating in an internship comes with many benefits. These benefits include but are not limited to: Experience in what your doing at the internship, having records of internships looks good on your resume, and stands out to colleges. In conclusion LSSS is a phenomenal school and I don’t regret coming here.
Ls3 is a school where you will find a variety of cultures. The school consists of friendly faces that are pretty welcoming for high school students. You will make friends with very interesting students from all walks of life. The school is not extremely small, but small enough where you feel like everyone is an annoying sibling you love to death. Teachers! Administration! Counselors! make Ls3 very unique. You will not find a more caring staff that is devoted to educating and bettering the future of their students. Most teachers are caring, passionate, and approach teaching with many different styles. Classrooms always feel like an open space. Our staff even comes on Saturdays for tutoring to give extra help. Lastly, what makes LSSS so unique are the academic opportunities that are offered. We have pre-college classes with Hunter College, partnerships with Mt. Sinai, courses at the AMNH, musical summer programs such as NYSSA, All City Choir Chorus, and annual trips to Hamilton!
Really great experience! Small school, and very helpful teachers . As well as no fights going on in that school, which makes it easier for the students to focus on their work not on drama. Great principle! She’s very helpful and very good at taking feedback from the students to improve somethings in the school.
Start Your Review of Life Sciences Secondary School
what i liked bout this school is how the teachers, counselors, and administrators help the students push themselves to their limits
What I like about life sciences school is that the teachers are really cool and help you to get to college. It’s a small school but almost everyone gets along and I like it. What I would change about life sciences secondary school is that I think we should do more activities, have more clubs, and have more languages classes.
I love the forensics and art classes and teachers. Also my guidance counselor because she makes sure I am on track and she helps me to strive better and be great. She lets me know that I can be anything I want to be and I am a hard worker. I would like to see more cleaner hallways and bathrooms and better food.