Licking Valley High School is a public school located in Newark, OH. It has 577 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Licking Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+151 Students
- A-128 Students
- C+124 Students
- C+77 Students
- B50 Students
- B+49 Students
- B-46 Students
- B46 Students
- B-44 Students
- A44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Licking Valley High School
- B-Lakewood High School
- Lakewood Local School District, OH
- 83 reviews
- BTri-Valley High School
- Tri-Valley Local School District, OH
- 51 reviews
- BWest Muskingum High School
- West Muskingum Local School District, OH
- 28 reviews
- C+Newark High School
- Newark City School District, OH
- 137 reviews
Licking Valley High School Reviews
It's fairly small school, and you get to know almost everyone! The teachers are usually willing to sit down with you, all you have to do is ask. The grading system is a little odd though. It shows you colors usually for your grade, and they are a 4,3,2,1 grading system, but most of the time you can work out with a teacher pretty easily what your actual grade is.
My daughter attends high school here. There is a good academic curriculum offered. My only concern is too much emphasis is on sports related notarariety. My daughter has won several art awards with no mention from the administration. These include state and national level by scholastic. She even attended Columbus college of arts and design with no recognition going into her sophomore year. As my husband said she did not make the winning point or the game saving play. So if you have an athletic child by all means a great school. Academic child decent school. Elsewise that's all I see going for students.
Licking Valley High School has an amazing staff of caring teachers who are determined to shape the future of their students. The students are also all very connected and kind, forming a small community. My only complaint is that often, sports are more of a concern than academics.