Liberty High School is a public school located in Youngstown, OH. It has 334 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Liberty High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B86 Students
- A+42 Students
- B41 Students
- B22 Students
- B-21 Students
- A-20 Students
- B13 Students
- A-13 Students
- A11 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Liberty High School
- BHowland High School
- Howland Local School District, OH
- 161 reviews
- B-Sharon High School
- Sharon City School District, PA
- 32 reviews
- B+Fitch High School
- Austintown Local School District, OH
- 214 reviews
- A-Boardman High School
- Boardman Local School District, OH
- 236 reviews
Liberty High School Reviews
I took all Advanced courses and eventually College courses while at Liberty. I liked that I was given the opportunity to participate in said college courses, as many schools do not provide the same opportunity. However, the quality of the advanced courses at Liberty should have been better, especially with the teaching styles of the teachers. Teacher evaluations need to be more thorough, as I found that according to standards at other schools, the behavior of some teachers at Liberty would not be tolerated in their classrooms.
The overall quality of the teachers is slowly dwindling as the years go by. From my experience, the teaching has been adequate. The teaching styles are decent, some better than others. Most teachers do know what they're teaching. Some teachers do take part in clubs and events and some teachers do help with struggling students. Consistency in grading is mostly good. Some teachers let their emotions or a bad day get in the way of grading, and I know that has hurt a lot of student's grades.
Liberty is the lowest paid school around here, so we lose a lot of teachers and get inexperienced, new ones. I wouldn't choose to go here again based on the fact of the teaching skill, (I could get a better education elsewhere), and we get a lot of trouble-makers. Overall, it's not the worst, but I would choose somewhere else where there are better opportunities provided.