Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Liberty High School is an above average, public school located in Bethlehem, PA. It has 2,673 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Liberty High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+327 Students
- grade A minus307 Students
- grade C+242 Students
- grade A217 Students
- grade B minus173 Students
- grade A+170 Students
- grade A minus159 Students
- grade B153 Students
- grade B minus124 Students
- grade B117 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 45 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 217 responses
- Spirit Week16%
- Football Games12%
- BASD Mini Thon11%
- Liberty band9%
- Pep Rallies9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 55 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,609 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 80 responses
Schools like Liberty High School
- grade BFreedom High School
- Bethlehem Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 260 reviews
- grade A minusPhillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 235 reviews
- grade B minusCatasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 40 reviews
- grade BWhitehall High School
- Whitehall-Coplay School District, PA
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 177 reviews
Liberty High School Reviews
Rating 3.83 out of 5 454 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Attending Liberty High School is an experience unlike no other. Apart from the sheer size of the school, the diversity within the school is amazing. I remember not knowing anyone that was sitting in my row at my graduation ceremony, just to give you perspective on how large each class size is. The teachers are pretty great, and don't be afraid to take higher level classes, they aren't all that hard!
I absolutely LOVED my four years at Liberty High School! I had wonderful teachers and extracurricular experiences that I will remember for the rest of my life. I enjoyed the diversity of courses offered to students and the academic rigor of the AP and honors courses. I felt prepared for college by my high school, unlike some of my college friends. The administration as a whole could do more to interact with students and listen to student concerns, but overall the school is incredible and I would want my future children to attend someday.
There’s a lot of great things to be said about Liberty. You’re not going to find another high school in the Lehigh valley that has as much school spirit as Lib. The teachers at Liberty are truly passionate about their jobs and are always there for their students. They are always more than willing to help before and after school if a student is struggling. One of the best things about Liberty is the diversity at that school. As you walk the halls, you can see students from different backgrounds all under one roof, not many schools have that. Don’t even get me started on the wide range of extracurricular activities you can participate in, there is literally something for everyone(there is even a jigsaw puzzle club). The only downside to Liberty is that there’s not enough student parking spaces. If you want to get a good parking spot, best believe you’re gonna have to get to school at 6:50. Especially in the fall when the band students have early morning rehearsals.