Liberty High School is an above average, public school located in Bethlehem, PA. It has 2,726 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Liberty High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+302 Students
- A-288 Students
- C+231 Students
- A191 Students
- A+159 Students
- B147 Students
- A-147 Students
- B-147 Students
- B-120 Students
- B110 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Schools like Liberty High School
- BFreedom High School
- Bethlehem Area School District, PA
- 248 reviews
- B+Phillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- 219 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 38 reviews
- B+Whitehall High School
- Whitehall-Coplay School District, PA
- 167 reviews
Liberty High School Reviews
I absolutely LOVED my four years at Liberty High School! I had wonderful teachers and extracurricular experiences that I will remember for the rest of my life. I enjoyed the diversity of courses offered to students and the academic rigor of the AP and honors courses. I felt prepared for college by my high school, unlike some of my college friends. The administration as a whole could do more to interact with students and listen to student concerns, but overall the school is incredible and I would want my future children to attend someday.
There’s a lot of great things to be said about Liberty. You’re not going to find another high school in the Lehigh valley that has as much school spirit as Lib. The teachers at Liberty are truly passionate about their jobs and are always there for their students. They are always more than willing to help before and after school if a student is struggling. One of the best things about Liberty is the diversity at that school. As you walk the halls, you can see students from different backgrounds all under one roof, not many schools have that. Don’t even get me started on the wide range of extracurricular activities you can participate in, there is literally something for everyone(there is even a jigsaw puzzle club). The only downside to Liberty is that there’s not enough student parking spaces. If you want to get a good parking spot, best believe you’re gonna have to get to school at 6:50. Especially in the fall when the band students have early morning rehearsals.
I went to high school at Liberty and graduated in 2019. Liberty was the first public school I attended and absolutely loved it. I found a home in over 5 clubs I was a part of. Included one that targeted my Hispanic culture. I was academically challenged in their great selection of AP courses. It's easy to create a great network of individuals of both teachers, administrators and friends at Liberty High School. If you're a parent deciding between this public school and any charter schools, please allow your child to experience the diversity of Liberty.