Liberty High School is an above average, public school located in Bethlehem, PA. It has 2,787 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Liberty High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+246 Students
- A239 Students
- B-180 Students
- A163 Students
- A+137 Students
- A-124 Students
- B114 Students
- B107 Students
- B97 Students
- B95 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Schools like Liberty High School
- BFreedom High School
- Bethlehem Area School District, PA
- 219 reviews
- BPhillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- 205 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- B+Whitehall High School
- Whitehall-Coplay School District, PA
- 156 reviews
Liberty High School Reviews
I’ll admit students at Liberty joke about how they go to a bad school, but i believe the exact opposite. I could not imagine going to any high school other than LHS. We are home to the greatest band in the country, as well as one of the greatest HS football rivalries, not to mention our superintendent is internet famous! Liberty is home to Liberty Theatre, a place I have considered my second home for the past four years. I have forged so many friendships and created so many memories that will last a lifetime. The teachers are extraordinary, they truly care about their students and I consider many of my teachers confidantes. I feel comfortable talking to my teachers and getting advice from them. Our sense of school pride is legendary, and I will take that pride with me for the rest of my life. “Liberty High School, hail to thee. Loyal sons and daughters we. In the future as the past, we’ll be loyal to the last.”
I cannot speak much for classes outside of honors and AP, but these courses were intensive and provided me with the skills necessary for college. I have met educators that have changed my life for the better and this is a high school where one can succeed in any interest they have. However, Liberty is somewhat driven by the athletic department and most of their attention strays from the academic and artistic achievements of their students. An individual can easily slip through as long as they are performing as successful "student" athlete. Nonetheless, the opportunities and resources that Liberty provides can help with the transition to college or the workforce.
Liberty High has been such an amazing experience for me. These past four years have been filled with so much growth and opportunities. Being involved is one of the most Important things you need to do once in high school especially in place like Lib where there are opportunity's knocking at your door every second and every year. The music program is exceptional and the sports here are incredible. Family and purpose is huge in this community, there is a club and space for everyone and all interest. Not to mention teachers...They have some of the best of the best.