Liberty Academy is an above average, public, alternative school located in Victoria, TX. It has 228 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Liberty Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-44 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+21 Students
- B+16 Students
- B15 Students
- A13 Students
- B13 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Liberty Academy Reviews
At Liberty Academy, all of the teachers are willing to help all of the time and teach at my learning pace. They are also willing to negotiate with you to help you with your grade averages, especially the college professors. Though we may not like the administration we know that they are just doing their jobs and that if they really didn't like us they wouldn't have adjusted the dress code so that we could be more comfortable when we went to school. However, I think Liberty Academy could improve the amount of free time we have. We have five minutes to get to each class so there's not much time to talk with our friends if we go to separate classes. We also have a 30 minute lunch period but we spend most of our lunchtime in the lunch line. Therefore, I think Liberty should add another lunch line, and maybe open gym once a week.
Attending Liberty High School has given me the opportunity to grow socially and academically in a way that I do not think I would have been capable of in a larger school environment. Due to the charter program at this campus and a rigorous 4-year curriculum, my classmates and I were able to achieve our college associate degrees two weeks before our high school graduations. Due to smaller class sizes, the teachers and staff are more accessible and involved. Being with the same faculty gives everybody the opportunity to really get to know one another , and the teachers really do care about our success. Students are not just numbers at this campus- We are "their kids." We are family.
While it does have its downfalls, Liberty is an excellent place for anyone seeking extra support in the academic area. The teachers put true effort into their classes and care about the students' understanding and comprehension of the material. I have learned something valuable from every teacher that I have had here.