Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Liberal Senior High School is a public school located in Liberal, KS. It has 1,397 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Liberal Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A236 Students
- grade B minus225 Students
- grade B minus190 Students
- grade A minus174 Students
- grade B162 Students
- grade B115 Students
- grade A63 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade B+46 Students
- grade A46 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responses
- Pep assembly.20%
- When we have motivational speakers.13%
- Pep rallies10%
- Rowdy Crowds10%
- Spirit Week10%
- End of the year activities7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,680 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Liberal Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.52 out of 5 105 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
How am I suppose to pass a class where my teacher doesn’t know what they’re teaching? Teachers should really prioritize making sure their students learn the material in order to pass rather than just half-assing their teaching, leaving students no choice but to learn the lesson themselves. Should really consider making a mandatory class about colleges for seniors to take because it seems like no one knows what they’re doing when it comes to college, scholarships, ect. They wonder why students does not continue schooling after high-school but does not consider the fact they make college seem like it’s only for the privileged in academics or athletics. This school has potential to be great therefore I will give 2 stars instead of one.
At this school, there is always the chance of meeting amazing people who will help you through high school like it's nothing. I have met great friends who care about me through my mental health to my grades and vice versa. Most of the teachers and staff are exceptional as well, helping me with my work and questions whenever I have them. The rest of the teachers and staff do their jobs but fail to help and clarify content for the students. Some higher staff can be difficult to contact as well, such as counselors who control the schedules of the students. Due to personal experiences with trying to have some of my questions answered about my upcoming year's enrollment, the counselors can be seen as somewhat irresponsible in my eyes. The lack of voice the minor students have make it difficult for actual concerns to come to light because all the voice comes from the students who put themselves out there for attention. This school is good for opportunities, but not the content it promises.
Liberal Senior High was a very good high school experience. My sophomore year we switched from a normal schedule to a more complex one known as redesign. Our district was one of the schools chosen to do reconstruct our schedule out of many that applied. To give a short explanation of how it is now , I would compare it a lot to college. We have 23 mods in a day, a mod is 15 minutes and your class could vary from 2-4 mods a time. Therefore you will not have class every hour of the day, during our off time we have PLT (personalized learning time) where we could work on our homework or get help if needed in that desired subject. With this schedule it allowed students to work at their pace, not move around like zombies with 8 class switching every hour or so, mature, and learn time management. I have really enjoyed the new schedule and how it fits each student to their needs.