Liberal Senior High School is a public school located in Liberal, KS. It has 1,319 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Liberal Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-190 Students
- B-178 Students
- B-149 Students
- A-141 Students
- B129 Students
- B87 Students
- B47 Students
- A44 Students
- B+36 Students
- A34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Liberal Senior High School Reviews
At this school, there is always the chance of meeting amazing people who will help you through high school like it's nothing. I have met great friends who care about me through my mental health to my grades and vice versa. Most of the teachers and staff are exceptional as well, helping me with my work and questions whenever I have them. The rest of the teachers and staff do their jobs but fail to help and clarify content for the students. Some higher staff can be difficult to contact as well, such as counselors who control the schedules of the students. Due to personal experiences with trying to have some of my questions answered about my upcoming year's enrollment, the counselors can be seen as somewhat irresponsible in my eyes. The lack of voice the minor students have make it difficult for actual concerns to come to light because all the voice comes from the students who put themselves out there for attention. This school is good for opportunities, but not the content it promises.
This year, Liberal High School started a new program to make high school feel a little bit more like college. There have been good and bad factors in this transition. The school overall is good. The teachers and staff are great! Our principals and very good with the students as well.
I absolutely love high school. I love getting involved in ohr extra curriculars and being one of the many faces our student body gets to know. I encourage future and current high school student to do the same. It is beneficial in many areas including social involvement, academics, and relationships with your teachers/administartion.