Libby High School is a public school located in Libby, MT. It has 359 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Libby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+44 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+15 Students
- C+14 Students
- B12 Students
- A-10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Libby High School Reviews
The teachers at Libby High School dedicate all their time to helping their students succeed, in and out of class. Even when students are unwilling to learn, teachers continue to push the students that want the best education possible. Each teacher's different teaching style makes learning interesting.
It has a very community orienated mind-set, but overall it is just an okay school. I fell behind in math because my teacher did nothing to teach us and the administrators did nothing to reprimand the teacher for not helping us. The school is also very sports related, if you don’t do sports, you don’t matter. Music, band, Science Olympiad, and other activities are not supported or shown off like sports are. Even within sports, if you aren’t apart of the right sports you aren’t supported as well.
Libby High School is very active in both sports and academics. I really enjoy the availability of many advanced courses along with internship opportunities. The teachers and staff are very positive and active with the students helping kids get involved. When students have an issue the teachers voice these opinions to the administration. Some things I wish to see change in the future include more support in the art and music departments. Are sports teams get adequate funding while the art programs require several areas of student funding. I would also like to see the school take more steps towards college readiness. This could be accomplished by speeding up notes as well as having more reports. Increasing the number of reports would help students with format and making deadlines.