Libby High School
- Libby, MT
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Libby High School is a public school located in Libby, MT. It has 322 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Libby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+48 Students
- grade B minus42 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade B15 Students
- grade C+15 Students
- grade B+14 Students
- grade B+10 Students
- grade A10 Students
- grade A minus10 Students
- grade B minus9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Strut your stuff - art display38%
- State Music Festival25%
- Homecoming Logging events13%
- Spirit Week13%
- Talent Show13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,256 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Libby High School Reviews
Rating 2.97 out of 5 37 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The teachers at Libby High School dedicate all their time to helping their students succeed, in and out of class. Even when students are unwilling to learn, teachers continue to push the students that want the best education possible. Each teacher's different teaching style makes learning interesting.
Well living in such a small town you always have your come together to support one another. You get to have a sense of pride knowing you get to represent your community going forward. Every day at school you get to know everyone and it give you a better chance to meet your best friends. One thing that would be nice to see change is our acceptance of all sometimes if someone doesnt fit into the social norms they can become outcasts and that's something i would want to see changed.
It has a very community orienated mind-set, but overall it is just an okay school. I fell behind in math because my teacher did nothing to teach us and the administrators did nothing to reprimand the teacher for not helping us. The school is also very sports related, if you don’t do sports, you don’t matter. Music, band, Science Olympiad, and other activities are not supported or shown off like sports are. Even within sports, if you aren’t apart of the right sports you aren’t supported as well.