Lexington Senior High School is a public school located in Lexington, NC. It has 769 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Lexington Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+129 Students
- B-105 Students
- A+93 Students
- C+82 Students
- B81 Students
- B+79 Students
- B78 Students
- A+76 Students
- A-64 Students
- B54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Lexington Senior High School
- CThomasville High School
- Thomasville City Schools, NC
- 94 reviews
- B+The Academy at Central
- Guilford County Schools, NC
- 36 reviews
- CNorth Rowan High School
- Rowan-Salisbury Schools, NC
- 141 reviews
- B-Central Davidson High School
- Davidson County Schools, NC
- 147 reviews
Lexington Senior High School Reviews
Lexington's school environment made me feel safe. I did not experienced any bullying nor a witness of it. There may be a few fights once in a while, but that all depends on who you hang out with. When it comes to it academics, it has a variety of electives and core classes to choose from. Sometimes we are given the option on what core classes to take. For example, in my high school, we only need 3 science credits to graduate, but there are about 5 science classes, such as AP Earth Environmental, Chemistry, Biology, etc.. You can also take classes at the community school if you like. Lexington has a lot of diversity. It is pretty amazing because Lexington is such a small town. I am Hispanic and there are hundreds more along with me. Also Asians, African Americans, whites, even Indians!
Overall, this school was amazing but even though it has cons but the pros outweigh them. This school shares a bunch of diversity and students that are willing to learn. This school has tons of resources and tools to help me succeed towards the next level (college). The staff department is solid and have a great organization among the staff. But if you want to send your child to a school, I would definitely would consider Lexington Senior High.
The best thing about LSHS is the diversity of its students. Being around people of several different cultures has definitely helped me become open minded and branch out. It has also helped me embrace what makes me different and appreciate what makes up our individual cultures. Despite the lack of adequate support (i.e. good textbooks and resources for teachers), my experience at LSHS has been amazing. I've met many great people and teachers who have supported me even when I didn't believe in myself.