Lexington High School is an above average, public school located in Lexington, TX. It has 289 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Lexington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+77 Students
- C-58 Students
- B+43 Students
- A+40 Students
- A31 Students
- B28 Students
- A-22 Students
- B-21 Students
- B20 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Lexington High School Reviews
My school is fairly low funded. I’d like to see more regards to the environment in my school. A better atmosphere towards college and just becoming an adult in general. More options in the lunch room that are better tasting and better for you. Respect from all teachers and staff. And that should be reflected back by the students. I’d like to see more behavior focused teaching (respect, toleration, etc.) it’s a good school, but could be great if a few key changes were made.
Lexington High School is a fun and educational place for any student. The teachers are very helpful in preparing students for college, and get involved in making school a better experience for each student. Our staff is constantly coming up with new way/ideas to make the campus funnier. There is always events happening for the students. Additionally, the parents are very good at involving themselves with events and volunteering. Lexington overall is a safe campus to be apart.
My experience at Lexington high school was a typical one. It was like all small town high schools, it allowed for everyone to be able to participate in sports, academic activities, and other things.