Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Lexington High School is an above average, public school located in Lexington, TN. It has 880 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Lexington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B98 Students
- grade A minus75 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade B minus59 Students
- grade C+57 Students
- grade B minus48 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade B28 Students
- grade A minus25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responses
- Homecoming week! It is so exciting!50%
- Football games25%
- BUMS initiation15%
- Basketball games5%
- Pep rallies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,251 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Schools like Lexington High School
- grade B+Scotts Hill High School
- Henderson County School District, TN
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 45 reviews
- grade B minusRiverside High School
- Decatur County School District, TN
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 23 reviews
- grade B minusClarksburg School
- South Carroll Special School District, TN
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 4 reviews
Lexington High School Reviews
Rating 3.7 out of 5 84 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have enjoyed the four years I have spent here, all of the teachers I’ve had have been friendly and eager for their students to learn. I recall my freshman honors English teacher and my Math teacher being two of the most influential women as far as my education goes, they helped me excel in these subjects and it has helped me tremendously in college. LHS has excellent honors classes and numerous opportunities for juniors and seniors to take dual credits so that they may get a head start when going to college. The faculty and staff does an exceptional job of keeping everything neat and organized and you can tell most teachers care a great deal about the students. It’s a comfortable environment and I will definitely look back on these times as a high school student.
I had an overall good experience at Lexington High School. Other than having a few teachers over the past four years that I disliked, the majority of the teachers here are amazing. The majority of them seem like they actually care about you as an individual and not as a grade or statistic to being a level five school.
Lexington High School was the perfect school for me academically. The teachers are very supportive and actually want to see you succeed. The staff is also very nice and kindhearted. LHS also offers many clubs ranging from Future Business Leaders of America to Fellowship of Christian Athletes. I am a part of numerous clubs and sports teams at LHS and I have loved every aspect of them. The coaches are super supportive and really great mentors for teens. I believe that in the future there will be even more diversity than there is. Out of my 4 years of experience, I have learned life skills that will help me with college and my adult life after graduating college.