Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Lexington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lexington, OH. It has 754 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Lexington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+168 Students
- A-79 Students
- A-75 Students
- A-73 Students
- B68 Students
- B60 Students
- B-59 Students
- B-52 Students
- B33 Students
- A33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responses
- Athletic games and Assemblies38%
- Spirit week25%
- Going to basketball games21%
- Marching Band13%
- Show Choir4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Lexington High School
- B+Ontario High School
- Ontario Local School District, OH
- 98 reviews
- BCrestview High School
- Crestview Local School District (Ashland), OH
- 42 reviews
- C+Clear Fork High School
- Clear Fork Valley Local School District, OH
- 89 reviews
- B-Galion High School
- Galion City School District, OH
- 47 reviews
Lexington High School Reviews
My experience at Lexington High School was what I would assume to be pretty average. I enjoyed my experience because of the small town feel and knowing pretty much everyone. Being part of the community, the village is very centered around our athletic teams. From a student perspective, majority of my teachers gave me a good experience. There is a lot of drama because of the small community and word gets around, however there's drama wherever you go. Getting involved in sports and clubs is what made my experience at LHS great!
I have attended Lexington since kindergarten and have had a wonderful experience. They have helped me get prepared for college and the application process. I was very lost in the beginning but the teachers and the counselors there helped me. The college prep courses and the CCP program especially helped me prepare myself for what is to come in the future. And also as someone of color, I had minimal amount of problems during my time here. From the past 3 years, I have gotten the most of the ‘high school experience’. From dances to football games it feels very bittersweet that this is all coming to an end. The support that we all have for each other at Lexington is incomparable. Every week at the games you can see a glimpse into what that looks like. I am very proud to be graduating from Lexington High School and will always be a minutemen at heart.
I hope to see the diversity and cultural closeness of the school grow from where it is now, however, overall this is an amazing school that provided great opportunities to further me to success!