Lexington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lexington, OH. It has 718 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Lexington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+143 Students
- A-67 Students
- A66 Students
- A-56 Students
- B53 Students
- B-52 Students
- B51 Students
- B-42 Students
- B+32 Students
- B-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Lexington High School
- A-Ontario High School
- Ontario Local School District, OH
- 90 reviews
- B-Crestview High School
- Crestview Local School District (Ashland), OH
- 41 reviews
- C+Clear Fork High School
- Clear Fork Valley Local School District, OH
- 86 reviews
- BGalion High School
- Galion City School District, OH
- 46 reviews
Lexington High School Reviews
Lexington High School is no doubt one of the best when it comes to academics. It has an array of advanced classes to be taken, and our teachers truly want what is best for everyone. However, administration would do well to make sure that students keep their mouths in check. Students have a tendency to think that they are better than other schools, simply because the school tends to have a higher budget than others. Also, diversity appears to be a big issue.
This school has a great program that will guide students to success. They provide great education and have a staff that is willing to help kids achieve their dreams. There are many honors courses that can help for college and programs that help students get into college courses while in high school. Overall, it is a great place to watch any student succeed.
I think many of the teachers and very good and all of them care for the students, although I think there are some that do not teach to the best of their ability. Also, I think some of the resources we have are not as advanced as other schools so it puts us behind the other schools.