Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Lexington High School is a top rated, public school located in Lexington, MA. It has 2,263 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Lexington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A465 Students
- A+416 Students
- A+328 Students
- A+281 Students
- A+279 Students
- A+274 Students
- A+237 Students
- A+185 Students
- A-182 Students
- A+161 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 76 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Lexington High School
- A+Acton-Boxborough Regional High School
- Acton-Boxborough Regional School District, MA
- 230 reviews
- A+Newton South High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 295 reviews
- A+Brookline High School
- Public Schools of Brookline, MA
- 326 reviews
- A+Belmont High School
- Belmont Public Schools, MA
- 206 reviews
Lexington High School Reviews
Lexington High School has a reputation for being stressful. Yes, it is academically rigorous. However, the stress is what you make it. I've found that a lot of pressure comes from parents, and the faculty at the high school actually goes out of their way to reduce stress in the classroom provided that you advocate for yourself. The faculty is extremely qualified and we are strong in the arts and sports. The school is diverse and inclusive. LHS does lack school spirit, but in the last couple of years steps have been taken to improve that. It is a work in progress, but LHS is a great school!
Lexington High School is a very competitive school in terms of academics which I believe is makes every Lexington High School student ready for college. However, this very competitiveness can often be too much as I definitely wouldn't recommend this school for kids with mental health issues who wouldn't be able to handle stress and pressure. Furthermore, Lexington High School has top-notch extracurricular activities and clubs, especially in science and technology from its two competitive FTC Robotics Teams, Science Bowl, Math Team and many more as well as there being tons of clubs which have absolutely nothing to do with academics such as over five dance clubs, cultural clubs, language clubs, magic club, etc. I could go on. Lexington is one of the safest towns in Massachusetts so I would say that LHS is definitely a safe high school.
Lexington High school is a great school that has a lot of choices of courses for students to take, diversity in students, and prepares students very well for college. Lexington high has so many clubs to offer from the French club to the Refugee alliance club, it has something everyone can like. The work load given to students is quick overwhelming at times especially at the end of the quarter but it also manageable, this depends on the teacher. The only thing I would say negative on this school is the pressure kids have to go through and the big competition there is to do the best between the students.