Lexington High School is a top rated, public school located in Lexington, MA. It has 2,154 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Lexington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A328 Students
- A+298 Students
- A+260 Students
- A+215 Students
- A+208 Students
- A+201 Students
- A+178 Students
- A-134 Students
- A+126 Students
- A+124 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Lexington High School
- A+Acton-Boxborough Regional High School
- Acton-Boxborough Regional School District, MA
- 198 reviews
- A+Newton South High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 246 reviews
- A+Brookline High School
- Public Schools of Brookline, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 282 reviews
- A+Belmont High School
- Belmont Public Schools, MA
- 179 reviews
Lexington High School Reviews
Personally, I enjoy Lexington High School because it is a larger school with plenty of chances to meet new people every single day. I think we are well prepared for college life, as the academic system is very rigorous and based on the idea that we will all for the most part be attending college after high school. However, I feel it is limited when it comes to discussion/promotion of other paths there are out of high school, and at times I have felt unsafe as a result of limit action against unwanted and inappropriate behavior/comments from students. I feel as though academics comes before all else, which is potentially harmful to the mental health and overall success of students.
There was a sense of belonging within the high school community, amazing people and faculty that supported me along my path to college, and their ability to prepare us well for college and beyond. I was an active member of one of the sports teams at the school and it gave me a chance to form relationships with people from my grade or below. Overall great school!
I am extremely honored and privileged to say that I am a member of Lexington High School. The competitive nature and advanced classes offered at Lexington High School make this school one of the strongest within Massachusetts, not to mention the country. I have found a great group of friends to learn and grow along side with, and the teachers are also all highly qualified and eager to assist in the growth and development of the students both as scholars and basic human beings. No matter where I end up in the near future, I know that Lexington High School has prepared me to be a successful and competent member of society.