Lewistown Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Lewistown, IL. It has 287 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B31 Students
- C+27 Students
- B+17 Students
- A+17 Students
- A-15 Students
- B15 Students
- B-11 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Lewistown Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Lewistown Junior/Senior High School
- B-Canton High School
- Canton Union School District No. 66, IL
- 78 reviews
- C+VIT Senior High School
- VIT Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 9 reviews
- CHavana High School
- Havana Community Unit School District No. 126, IL
- 33 reviews
- C+Astoria High School
- Astoria Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 9 reviews
Lewistown Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I have personally enjoyed all that Lewistown Jr/Sr High School has offered in my four years of high school. My mother moved us to Lewistown to make sure I would have an enjoyable experience of a small town high school. She did not want me to be a number but an actual name of a student body that I could be proud to call my graduating class.
I am a current high school senior, and my experience with Lewistown High School has been very average. Although there are teachers who care, the overall staff could be better.
Most of the teachers here at Lewistown High School are high quality. Many teachers like to look for new, more helpful teaching styles. The teachers know what they are talking about and they take interest in the problems and concerns of their students. They communicate well with the students one most every level. Most teachers grade consistently no matter who you are or what mood they are in.